Now, as an introvert, I might gently allude to certain "assholic" qualities in this man's behavior,
作為一名內向者,我也許會委婉地暗示這個人的行為確實比較混蛋,
but I'm not going to lunge for the a-word.
但我不會直接使用“混蛋”這個詞。
But the extrovert says, "If he walks like one, if he talks like one, I call him one."
但外向者會說,“如果他表現得像個混蛋,我就會稱他混蛋。”
And we go past each other.
這就是我們的不同。
Now is this something that we should be heedful of? Of course.
這一點我們是不是需要留意呢?那是當然。
It's important that we know this.
這一點非常重要。
Is that all we are? Are we just a bunch of traits?
但這就完了嗎?我們就只有這幾種特點嗎?
No, we're not. Remember, you're like some other people and like no other person.
并非如此。別忘了,你們跟一些人很像但又獨一無二。
How about that idiosyncratic you?
這個獨一無二的你,到底是什么樣的呢?
As Elizabeth or as George, you may share your extroversion or your neuroticism.
伊麗莎白們或者喬治們,你們可能都有些外向或者神經過敏。
But are there some distinctively Elizabethan features of your behavior, or Georgian of yours,
但你們的行為中是不是有些伊麗莎白獨有的或者喬治獨有的特點,
that make us understand you better than just a bunch of traits? That make us love you?
能讓我們更好地了解你?而不是簡單地對號入座?能讓我們喜歡上你?
Not just because you're a certain type of person.
不僅僅因為你是某種特定類型的人。
I'm uncomfortable putting people in pigeonholes.
我不喜歡把人放進鴿子籠里然后貼上標簽。
I don't even think pigeons belong in pigeonholes.
我甚至覺得鴿子都不應該待在鴿子籠里。
So what is it that makes us different?
究竟是什么讓我們與眾不同呢?
It's the doings that we have in our life -- the personal projects.
是我們一生的所作所為——我們的個人事業。
You have a personal project right now, but nobody may know it here.
你們大家都有個人事業,但可能誰都沒有意識到。