October 30
10月30日
Read it!
讀讀看!
Rob, Alex and Abby are playing baseball this weekend.
羅柏、亞力克斯與雅碧這個周末要去打棒球。
Alex used to play catcher.
亞力克斯以前常擔任捕手,
But he can play other positions, too.
但他也可以擔任其他守備位置。
Taylor isn't playing this weekend, but she used to play softball.
泰樂這個周末不去打球,可是她以前打過壘球。
She still has her old uniform.
她還留有以前的制服。
The baseball game was tough, but Rob hit a homerun!
比賽難分高下,可是羅柏居然打出了一支全壘打!
Alex leaves the gloves at the office.
亞力克斯把手套放在辦公室,
Then they can practice after work!
這樣他們下班后就可以練球!
Conversation A
會話A
I'm glad that you're playing in the baseball game this weekend!
我很高興你這個周末能參加棒球賽!
Thanks, Rob. Our team is going to win!
謝了,羅柏,我們這一隊一定會贏的!
What position do you want to play?
你想擔任哪個守備位置?
When I played in Taiwan, I used to play catcher.
我在臺灣打棒球的時候,通常都擔任捕手。
Well, we already have a catcher.
呃,我們已經有一個捕手了。
Can you play first base?
你可以擔任一壘手嗎?
Abby would like to play, too.
雅碧也想參加,
And she is really good at playing first base.
而且她是一壘高手。
Conversation B
會話B
Hey, Taylor. Do you play baseball?
嘿,泰樂,妳打棒球嗎?
Well, I used to play softball when I was younger.
這個嘛,我年輕的時候打過壘球。
Were you good at it?
妳打得好嗎?
I was pretty good.
我還滿厲害的。
I was the pitcher on my team.
我是球隊上的投手,
But the last time I played was in college.
不過我上次打球已經是大學時代的事情了。
Interesting.
真有趣。
Do you still have your old uniform from college?
妳還留著大學時的制服嗎?
I do. Sometimes I even wear my old cap.
有啊,有時候我還會把當初的壘球帽拿出來戴戴呢。
Conversation C
會話C
That was a tough baseball game, wasn't it, Abby?
那真是一場難分高下的棒球賽呀,雅碧,對不對?
Yes, it was. I haven't played in a while.
是啊。我已經有一陣子沒打過球了。
But we still won!
可是我們還是贏了!
Rob hit that homerun at the end of the game.
羅柏在比賽結束前打出了再見全壘打。
Yeah! I'm glad you invited me to play!
是啊!我很高興你邀請我來打球!
Let's practice sometime this week.
我們這個禮拜再找時間練習吧。
Great idea! Let's leave the gloves at the office.
好主意!我們把手套放在辦公室吧,
Then when we finish work, we can go and practice.
這樣我們下班后就可以去練球。