How do you think Wikipedia will evolve as technology evolves?
隨著技術的不斷發展,你認為維基百科將會怎樣發展?
Can you foresee, by say 2020, a way for Wikipedians to create editable, interactive videos about a topic?
你預測到2020年,維基百科會針對某些詞條增加可編輯的互動視頻嗎?
I think we’ll see a lot of advances in video.
我想我們會看到視頻方面的很多進步。
One of the things I like to point out is that Wikipedia is a social innovation, not a technical innovation.
有一點我需要指出的是,維基百科其實不是技術革新,而是社會革新。
All the tools necessary to create Wikipedia existed in 1995 when Ward Cunningham invented the wiki editing concept.
它需要的所有技術工具,在1995年沃德坎寧安發明維基百科編輯概念時就都存在了。
Web server, web browser, database, wiki.
網絡服務器、網絡瀏覽器、數據庫、維基百科。
What technologies already exist today for collaborative video editing?
維基百科會利用現有的技術增加協同視頻編輯功能?
Well, having said that, I will also say that words are far more fluid than video, and always will be.
嗯,說到這一點,我認為,文字的靈活性比視頻好得多,以后也是這樣。
If I don’t quite like what you have written, I can adjust it slightly until we are both satisfied.
如果我對你提供的文字材料并不認同,就可以稍作更改,直到大家達成共識為止。
But once a video has been shot, there is a very limited set of things that can be done about it.
視頻材料一旦拍攝完成,剩下能做的事就很有限。
British-American author Andrew Keen, the self-described antichrist of Silicon Valley, gets a kick out of regularly blasting Wikipedia.
美國硅谷有一位自稱為偽基督徒的美籍英國作家安德魯基恩,定期地抨擊維基百科。
He pointed out that the Harry Potter article is longer than the Hamlet article, and because Hamlet is more historically significant, this somehow represents a shortcoming in Wikipedia.
他的論據之一就是,“哈利波特”條目的長度居然超過“哈姆雷特”,因為哈姆雷特更具歷史意義,這就顯出了維基百科的不足。
Do you find his logic lacking?
你覺得他的分析缺乏邏輯嗎
I don’t think the words “Andrew Keen” and “logic” generally belong in the same sentence.
我覺得“安德魯.基恩”和“邏輯”根本不應該出現在同一個句子里。
No, I’m just teasing! The overall thrust of his argument is not compelling to me.
不,我只是在開玩笑。我不覺得他的批評令人信服。
Regarding the question of the length of Wikipedia entries, I don’t find the argument compelling at all.
說到維基百科詞條的長度,它根本不能說明什么。
Some criticisms about Wikipedia entries of various lengths is actually misplaced simply due to how we slice-and-dice the world.
一些關于維基百科詞條長度實際上并不合適的批評依據的僅僅是我們的世界觀。