They were the Cast at a lot of little places.
在許多小地方他們是二流歌手。
They started out imitating Elvis; then they’d imitate someone else and someone else.
他們開始模仿埃爾維斯,后來還不斷模仿其他人。
Eventually, they were so exhausted, they became the Beatles.
最終,他們非常疲勞,他們成為了披頭士樂隊。
Sometimes you have to be worn out and burnt out to become authentic and original.
有時你必須是在精疲力盡之后才會是最真實的,最獨創的。
So, our long meetings-our charettes and gong shows and movie development meetings—they’re like playing music at a crummy little bar for 18 hours.
所以,我們的銅錫秀,電影制作這些長時間的會議,就像在一家寒酸的小酒吧里演奏18個小時。
It’s a way to force ideas out and then edit them. Because essentially we’re editors in this business.
這是強行創意然后對它們進行編輯的方法。因為從本質上說 我們是這項業務的編輯。
The executives and managers at creative companies are editors of other people’s work.
在一個擁有創造力的公司里,經營者和管理者是他人作品的編輯者。
In fact, we consider that our job. We’re editors of sports shows. We don’t just come up with ideas.
事實上,我們認為這就是我們的工作。我們是娛樂節目的編輯。我們并不僅僅產生創意
We listen to other people’s ideas, and we tweak them, change them, refine them, and hopefully improve them.
我們還傾聽別人的創意,并對這些創意進行調整,改變并完善,加以改進。
By the way, the creative process doesn’t stop when we talk about strategy of finance.
順便說一句,當我們討論財務戰略時這一創造過程并未停止。
Our culture of supportive conflict has became institutionalized.
我們“鼓勵爭執”的企業文化已經制度化了。
When we sit in business meetings, we stay and talk until we figure out how to increase cash flow, or reduce corporate duplication, or rethink our hurdle rates.
當大家坐下開業務會議時, 就會不停地說,不停地辯論,直到在如何提高企業現金流、如何降低工作重復或反思我們的最低回報率等問題上達成共識。
It may not be as much fun as the creative process around movies or TVshows, but it works.
也許這沒有像討論電影或電視節目那樣有趣,但它很有效。
Are there any other ways that Disney institutionalizes an environment for creativity?
迪士尼是否有其他的方法營造鼓勵創造的環境?
Diversity is a great force toward creativity.
多樣化是產生創造力的巨大動力。
For many, many years, we have made a huge effort to make our cast members, as we call our employees, a diverse group of people.
很多年以來,我們作出了巨大的努力以使我們的角色成員,即我們的員工成為一個由多樣化的人群組成的團體。