Overcoming Procrastination
攻克拖延癥
We all procrastinate at some time or other-it's part of being human.
偶爾我們都會做事拖延---這是人性中的一部分。
We frequently put off doing things that we know we should do for a multitude of reasons.
我們經常找大堆的理由將我們該做的事情一推再推。
In today's lesson you will learn why most people procrastinate and how to overcome procrastination and become a Do-It-Now person.
今天的經驗之談你將會弄清為什么大多數人都愛拖延,以及如何攻克拖延癥,而成為做事干凈利索的人。
The most valuable benefits of being a person who performs responsibilities in a timely manner include an improved self-image and stronger self-confidence.
一個人做事干脆利索的最大益處包括完善自我形象和增強自信兩個方面。
In our careers, we will be more respected, produce at a higher level, and be offered opportunities for advancement.
這使我們在工作中更受尊重,有更高的水準的表現,甚至擁有更多的升遷機會;
In our personal lives, we will enjoy more meaningful relationships, be a better example to our children, and find greater fulfillment from life.
(同時)也令我們在個人生活中,享受更有意義的人際關系,給孩子做更好的榜樣,從生活中找到更大的滿足感。
On the other end of the spectrum, when you consistently put things off and fail to follow through with your responsibilities and commitments, the results can be devastating.
相反地,當你不斷地拖延了事,甚至無法盡到自己的職責和義務時,這一切的后果會是毀滅性的。
Common effects include depression, guilt, poor productivity, social disapproval, unemployment, reduced wages, and low self-worth.
常見的后果有:精神抑郁,自責,效率低,不愛社交,失業,降薪,甚至自我價值的貶低。
Procrastination is putting off tasks to a later time.
拖延癥是將任務拖到晚些時候去做。
Because of the simplicity of the definition, one might think the solution is also simple—to do what you know you should do even though you don't feel like doing it.
這樣的定義聽起來很簡單,人可能會認為想解決這個問題也不難--即便是不愿意的事情,你也只要去做就好了。
But, it's not that easy for many people.
但是,這對于很多人來說可不容易。
The first step in overcoming procrastination is to understand why you procrastinate.
想戰勝拖延癥,第一步應應該明白為什么你會做事拖延。
If you don't understand something, you can't control it.
如果你不了解一件事,那你就無法控制它;
If you can't control it, you can't change it.
如果你不能控制它,那你就不能改變它。
Let's take a look at some of the main causes of procrastination.
讓我們來看看導致拖延癥的一些主要因素。
Make a note of the one's you feel are at the root of your problem.
注意哪些是你的問題之根本所在。
1.Feeling another time would be better.
感覺換個時間做會更好些。
This is when you believe that tomorrow you will be fresher and better prepared to do it.So you put it off.
你相信明天你會更精力充沛,可以準備得更好。所以你把它往后拖了。
2.Poor planning. This is when you underestimate how long something will take.
沒計劃好。你低估了完成一件事所需要的時間。
This is a common problem when taking on unfamiliar projects and responsibilities.
這種情況在你完成所不熟悉的項目和工作時會經常出現。