1、get down
使沮喪;使憂郁
At times when my work gets me down, I like to fantasize about being a farmer.
有時當工作讓我沮喪時,我喜歡幻想自己是一個農場主。
(費力地)吞下;勉強咽下
I bit into a hefty slab of bread and cheese. When I had got it down I started talking.
我咬了一大塊面包和奶酪,強咽下去之后開始說話。
俯身;跪下;趴下
She got down on her hands and knees on the floor.
她雙手撐地跪在地上。
Get down! she yelled. Somebody's shooting!
“趴下!”她大聲喊道,“有人開槍!”
2、pick up
拿起;提起;拾起;撿起
He picked his cap up from the floor and stuck it back on his head.
他從地板上拾起帽子,重新戴在頭上。
Ridley picked up a pencil and fiddled with it.
里德利拿起一支鉛筆,不停地在手里擺弄著。
(通常指開車)接載,取走
We drove to the airport the next morning to pick up Susan.
我們第二天早晨開車去機場接蘇姍。
She went over to her parents' house to pick up some clean clothes.
她去了趟父母家取些干凈衣服。
(不費力地)獲得,學會
Where did you pick up your English?
你在哪兒學的英語?
Young people are picking up ideas about good drugs and bad drugs.
年輕人正在形成毒品有好壞之分的觀念。