That's probably not all that difficult.
這也許并不是太難做到的事情。
It might just be a simple hormone or something that could do this.
可能只需要一種普通激素或其它什么材料。
It's been done in voles.
人們在田鼠身上做過這種實驗。
You can engineer a prairie vole to become monogamous when it's naturally polygamous.
本性上是一雄多雌制的草原田鼠,經過改造后,可變為一雄一雌制。
It's just a single gene.
只是單一基因的轉變
Might be more complicated in humans, but perhaps not that much.
對于人類這可能更加復雜,但也許并不那么麻煩。
This is the last picture that I want to -- now we've got to use the laser pointer.
這是我想討論的最后一張圖片,現在我們要用鐳射指針了。
A possible mode of being here would be a way of life --
一種可能存在的模式,是一種生活的方式
a way of being, experiencing, thinking, seeing, interacting with the world.
一種存在、經歷、思考、觀察、及與世界互動的方式。
Down here in this little corner, here,
在下面這里的小角落里,
we have the little sub-space of this larger space that is accessible to human beings --
我們可以看到這個子空間存在于這片較大的、屬于我們
beings with our biological capacities.
這種具有人類能力的生物可及的空間。
It's a part of the space that's accessible to animals;
這空間屬于更大的動物可及空間的一部分——
since we are animals, we are a subset of that.
因為我們也是動物,所以我們屬于動物的分支。
And then you can imagine some enhancements of human capacities.
那么我們可以想象對人類的能力進行一些改善。
There would be different modes of being you could experience
你可能可以體驗不同的存在模式,
if you were able to stay alive for, say, 200 years.
假設你能活到200歲吧。
Then you could live sorts of lives and accumulate wisdoms that are just not possible for humans as we currently are.
那么你就可以體驗不同的生活并積累智慧,而以我們現階段的人類形態,我們是無法做到的。