Or when there's a blizzard is the best time.
如果有暴風雪,那真是太棒了。
Things happen. People forget about you.
下雪的時候,人們忘了你的存在。
If they see you, they don't go putting on airs.
如果他們看見我,完全不把我當回事。
They're the way they are, and if they happen to be wearing what you're photographing, then you're in business.
他們就是最原本的樣子,他們就穿著你拍他們時最自然的裝束,那真是絕佳的拍照機會。
He's caught me on a rainy day jumping puddles, the same way I did for Avedon, but...It was much less painful...when Bill photographed me, and much more natural.
他抓拍了我一張雨天里調過水坑的照片和我在Avedon的照片中一樣的動作但這次不用那么痛苦地擺姿勢。
He catches you crossing a street...with boots and blue jeans and this, and he's so happy,
Bill給我拍照時給人的感覺更加自然他抓拍到我過馬路時的照片…穿著靴子、藍色的牛仔褲,還有這個他對抓拍到這張照片感到非常高興,
and he's much happier when you're in this...looking terrible and ratty, than he is...if he saw you in something incredibly elegant and smart.
他比照片中的人開心多了,照片里的人看起來都有些糟糕和混亂,但他總能發現你衣著的絕妙和優雅之處。
That's my poncho. They're so cheap...that you wear them once or twice, and then they start tearing.
這些是我的雨衣,都很便宜,穿一兩次,可能就會壞。
First at the neck, immediately.
脖子這兒很快就穿壞了。
Well, why buy a new one? It's only gonna tear anyway.
為什么還買新的呢?它還是會壞的。
So you repair the old one.
可以趁這空檔來修補舊雨衣。
Damn you, New Yorkers. You're all so extravagant and wasteful.
哎,紐約人的生活有時候就是那么奢侈浪費。
But I don't believe in one wear.So a little tape. And we're back in business.
不過我不是那么在意這個。一段小膠帶,這雨衣就又能穿了。
I know this embarrasses everyone.
別人可能覺得這種穿著很尷尬。
It doesn't embarrass me.
不過我不在乎。
I think everyone that knows Bill...and understands who he is and what he represents...will always be thrilled to be photographed by Bill.
我覺得大家都知道Bill,理解他做的事,他的作品代表著什么。而且如果被Bill拍照了,一定會感到很高興。
I mean, I've said many times that we all get dressed for Bill.
我的意思是,我以前大概這么說過……我們都會為了能被Bill拍到特意在上街前打扮自已一下(譯者注:Anna Wintour是美版Vogue主編,電影《穿Prada的女魔頭》原型)
Anna! Anna! Anna, right here, please?Anna, right here. Can you stop for a moment?
Anna,Anna,Anna,請看這兒好么?Anna,看這兒。你能停一下么?
She stopped for you. -She stopped for Bill.
她為你停了一下。-她為Bill停了一下。
He's sort of been documenting me for...Since I was a kid, like in my...19,20 years old, and it's one snap, two snaps,
他把給我拍的照片大概都排了序…我小時候,19、20歲的時候,這里抓拍一張,那里抓拍一張,
or he ignores you, which is death, you know?
如果他不再拍我了,那就糟糕了。
But he's always doing it because he has a point of view.
不過他一直還在拍,他總有些獨特的視角。
He'd take my picture whenever he saw me.Sometimes it got into the Times, and most often not.
他基本每次見到我都會給我拍照。有些照片被登入《紐約時報》,但大部分并沒有。