By covering those two aspects, I think he really does address...the whole spectrum of what we are as New Yorkers, and I believe he's the only one who does it.
結合這兩個方面來看,我覺得他確實最有發言權在我們所認識的"紐約客"中我相信他確實是最有發言權的一個。
See, I don't decide anything. I let the street speak to me.
我從不刻意去選擇什么是這些街拍自己找上門來的。
In order for the street to speak to you, you've got to stay out there and see what it is.
為了和這些衣服不期而遇你必須要待在外面,等著看他們是什么樣子。
You just don't manufacture in your head...that skirts at the knee are the thing.
你不能僅僅在腦海中想象那條長度到膝蓋的短裙很好看。
Then you go out and photograph people with skirts at the knee.
然后你就該走到街上去拍那些穿著到膝短裙的人們。
You've got to stay on the street and let the street tell you what it is.
你必須待在街上,知道遇見那些感覺對了的衣服。
There's no shortcuts. Believe me.
相信我,這件事沒有其他的捷徑。
Oh, my goodness. I don't know where to stop or start. This is terrible.
哦,天吶…我不知道該選哪張。這真糟糕。
What's your deadline?
你什么時候截稿?
You could...You could really be a great help to me.
你可以…幫我個大忙。
What?
干嘛?
Take these out like this, John.
把這些拿出來,John.
Okay. Make it easy.
好的,就這樣。
And keep them like this, and it would help me.
幫他們都這樣放,這真是幫了我個大忙。
Put them in here. -Okay.
把它們放在這兒。-好的。
I hate to ask you. I don't mean to use you...or misuse you, but it would be helpful.
我并不想叫你幫忙…不想指使你或是"虐待"你,不過這真是幫了我個忙。
Today is Thursday.
今天是星期四。
When do you usually know when your page...-Right now. -Right now. I see.
你通常什么時候交稿。-我正在弄。-正在弄?明白了。
Yeah, it should be done. -I see.
是的,這就要完成了。-嗯。
We haven't even got 'em scanned.
我們還沒掃描。
Do you know what your page is yet? Your "On the Street" page?Do you know what it's going to be?
你知道你的照片將被放在哪頁么?你這期的"街拍"頁會是什么樣的?
It's going to be, uh, all on legs and shoes.
這期大概是關于…腿和鞋子。
Oh. -those are nice. -Yeah.Now that's a good one.I guess we'd better do it.
哦。-那些不錯。-是啊。現在這個不錯。我覺得我們最好選上這張。
You're gonna call that store you want me to run down to...to go get your film? -Yeah.
你要打電話給你剛剛讓我去的那家店…去取你的照片?-是的。
Oh, hello there.
嘿,你好。
Uh, this is the guy that comes on a bicycle.
啊…我是剛剛那個騎自行車過來的人。
You're developing some film for me.
我有些照片放在你們那里洗。
Yeah. Uh, listen, I'm in...kind of running, and a friend of mine was gonna come and pick it up.
嗯…是這樣,我有些著急我有位朋友要過去幫我把照片取回來。
John. He's a tall fella, and he has long hair.
John,他是個高個子,留著長頭發。
You know. Okay.
你記住了,好的。
All right.
好,就這樣。
I'll go get it.
我去把照片取回來。
There's a couple of pictures on there of shoes from this morning.
那有兩張今早拍的鞋子的照片。
All right. So, we need that for today.
好的,所以我們今天需要這些照片。
And I'll quickly get on this. -Okay. I'll be right back with it.
我很快就要用到這組照片。-好的,我會盡快把它們取回來。
Wait a minute. Come on. Let's get snapping and cracking.
等一下…來快速瀏覽下這些照片。
See, static, static. Getting a little better.
靜止的,靜止的…哦,這張好一點。
Then when the wind blows a bit...Oh, isn't that fun.
這時起風了哦,這真有趣。
Oh, you see, the minute you get in the rain...When it rains, it's a whole different scene.
哦,看,這是下雨的那瞬間下雨的時候,那真是個完全不同的場景。