"Jaime was all in a lather to hunt down the men.
"當時詹姆一心只想逮著那兩個人。
It was not often outlaws dared prey on travelers so near to Casterly Rock, and he took it as an insult.
強盜居然敢在距離凱巖城這么近的地方攻擊行人,這可不是件尋常事,他把這當成奇恥大辱。
The girl was too frightened to send off by herself, though,
那女孩驚慌失措,不敢一個人走路,
so I offered to take her to the closest inn and feed her while my brother rode back to the Rock for help.
于是我提議帶她到附近的旅館,弄點東西給她吃,而我老哥則回凱巖城討救兵。”
"She was hungrier than I would have believed.
“她比我原先料想的更餓。
We finished two whole chickens and part of a third, and drank a flagon of wine, talking.
我倆足足吃了兩只半烤雞,又喝干了一整壺酒,邊吃邊聊很愉快。
I was only thirteen, and the wine went to my head, I fear.
那年我才十三歲,只怕一喝酒就亂了性。
The next thing I knew, I was sharing her bed.
總之等我回過神來,已經跟她躺在床上。
If she was shy, I was shyer.
她很害羞,但我更害羞,
I’ll never know where I found the courage.
真不知我是打哪兒來的勇氣?
When I broke her maidenhead, she wept,
我給她開苞的時候她哭了,
but afterward she kissed me and sang her little song, and by morning I was in love."
但事后她吻了我,然后悄聲唱起那首歌,到第二天清晨,我已經愛上她了。”
"You?" Bronn’s voice was amused.
“你愛上她了?”波隆的語氣聽來饒富興味。
"Absurd, isn’t it?" Tyrion began to whistle the song again.
“很可笑,對不對?”提利昂又哼起那首歌。
"I married her," he finally admitted.
“后來我還娶了她。”最后他終于承認。
"A Lannister of Casterly Rock wed to a crofter’s daughter," Bronn said.
“蘭尼斯特家的人娶個農家女?”波隆說,
"How did you manage that?"
“真有你的。”
"Oh, you’ d be astonished at what a boy can make of a few lies, fifty pieces of silver, and a drunken septon.
“唉,講幾句謊話,口袋里裝上五十枚銀幣,再找個喝醉酒的修士,一個小男孩能干些什么,說了你大概都不相信。
I dared not bring my bride home to Casterly Rock, so I set her up in a cottage of her own,
我不敢把我的新娘帶回凱巖城,就把她安頓在她自己的小屋里,
and for a fortnight we played at being man and wife.
咱倆過了兩個星期的夫妻生活。
And then the septon sobered and confessed all to my lord father."
最后那修士酒醒,便把事情前后通通稟報給我公爵老爸。
Tyrion was surprised at how desolate it made him feel to say it, even after all these years.
”過了這么多年,講起這件事竟依舊讓提利昂倍感孤寂,他實在大感意外。
Perhaps he was just tired.
或許只是旅途困頓的關系罷。
"That was the end of my marriage."
“我的婚姻到此結束。”
He sat up and stared at the dying fire, blinking at the light.
他坐起身,凝視著逐漸熄滅的篝火,就著光亮眨眼。