You said we all know what he'll do. I don't know.
你剛說 我們知道他要做什么 但我不知道
You know he isn't to be trusted. Trust? Oh
你知道他不可信 信任嗎
I'm sorry, I was under the misapprehension your chosen profession was politics.
抱歉 我還以為 你是政治家呢
I've never trusted the President. I never trust anyone.
我未曾信任過總統 或是任何人
But hasn't he surprised you?No, Mr. Stevens, he hasn't.
但他沒有讓你驚訝嗎 沒有 史蒂文斯先生 一點也沒有
Nothing surprises you, Asa.Therefore nothing about you is surprising.
什么也震驚不了你 阿薩 所以對你而言不存在驚訝
Perhaps that is why your constituents did not re-elect you to the coming term.
也許這就是為何 您沒有再次當選
It's late, I'm old, I'm going home.
太遲了 我老了 我要回家
Lincoln the inveterate dawdler, Lincoln the Southerner,
林肯成日游手好閑 是南方人
Lincoln the capitulating compromiser,our adversary and.
是屈從的妥協者 是我們的敵人 也是
leader of the god forsaken Republican Party, our party.
被上帝遺棄的共和黨 我黨的領袖
Abraham Lincoln has asked us to work with him to accomplish the death of slavery in America.
亞伯拉罕·林肯要求我們 與他一起廢除美國的奴隸制
Retain, even in opposition,your capacity for astonishment.
即便反對 也要保持你們訝異的能力
The President is never to be mentioned.Nor I. You're paid for your discretion.
誰都不許提起總統 也不許提起我 不注意的話就等著喝西北風吧
Hell, you can have that for nothin'.What we need money for is bribes.It'd speed things up.
不過 不給錢我就不能保證 我們要錢是為了賄賂選票 錢能通神
No. Nothing strictly illegal.It's not illegal to bribe Congressmen.They starve otherwise.
不 任何事都必須合法 賄賂議員的確不合法 但不受賄他們就會餓死
I have explained to Mr. Bilbo and Mr. Latham that we're offering patronage jobs to the Dems who vote yes.
我跟比爾博先生和萊瑟姆先生解釋了 我們為投贊成票的民主黨人提供工作