Your management team has no experience with delivering hardware.
您的管理團隊沒有任何硬件經驗。
There is a lot of risk in going into an unfamiliar business.
進入不熟悉的業務會有很多風險。
Obviously, we want to hold on to Sun’s experienced team of first-rate hardware engineers.
顯然,我們要保留Sun公司的經驗豐富的一流硬件工程師團隊。
For years, Sun has led the industry in building and delivering innovative systems.
多年來,Sim公司在建設和提供創新系統方面引領業界。
For example, Sun was the first company to deliver systems built on a multicore processor—what Sun called the Niagara chip—and the industry followed.
例如,Sun公司是第一家提供多核處理器系統的公司——Sun公司的Niagara芯片,后來這個業界都開始做。
Oracle has a good track record of retaining the engineering talent from acquired companies; Sun will be no different.
甲骨文公司有從收購的公司中留住工程技術人才的良好記錄;Sun公司也將會一樣。
In addition, over the last couple of years Oracle gained a lot of experience developing and delivering our first integrated hardware and software system, the Exadata database machine.
此外,在過去的幾年里,甲骨文得到了豐富的經驗,開發并提供我們的第一個綜合硬件和軟件系統,Exadata數據庫裝置。
We have lots of hardware experience inside of Oracle.
甲骨文在公司內部也有硬件生產經驗。
Hundreds of Oracle’s engineers came from systems companies like IBM and HP.
甲骨文有數百名工程師來自如IBM和惠普這樣的系統公司。
Even I started my Silicon Valley career working for a hardware company that worked with Fujitsu to design and build the first IBM compatible mainframe.
就連我自己剛開始工作的時候也是在硅谷的一家硬件公司,這家公司與富士通合作設計和建造了第一臺IBM的兼容大型計算機。
OK, so you have engineers who are experienced at designing hardware as well as software, but Oracle outsourced the manufacturing of the Exadata machine to HP.
好,你已經有了有經驗的硬件設計以及軟件工程師,但甲骨文將 Exadata機的制造外包給了惠普。
You have no experience in manufacturing.
你們沒有任何的制造經驗。
Just because we’re buying Sun does not mean Oracle is becoming a manufacturer.
收購Sun并不意味著甲骨文正在成為制造商。
Sun outsources almost all of its manufacturing to companies like Flextronics and Fujitsu.
Sun幾乎外包其所有的制造業,比如外包給Flextronics 公司 和富士通。
With one tiny exception, Sun does no manufacturing; neither will we.
但有一個小小的例外,Sun公司沒有任何制造歷史,我們也不會有。
There has been a lot of speculation in the press that Oracle is going to sell some or all of Sun’s hardware businesses.
很多媒體猜測,甲骨文公司將出售部分或全部的Sun公司的硬件業務。
From your previous answers it certainly seems like you are keeping the SPARC business.
你先前的答案是肯定的,好像你是要保留SPARC Solaris系統業務。
Are you keeping the disk backup businesses?
你是否會保留磁盤存儲和磁帶備份的業務?