You need us to keep the conservative side of the party in the traces
你需要我們穩定住 共和黨內的保守派
while you diddle the radicals and bundle up with Thaddeus Stevens' gang,You need our help.
與此同時你去說服 并拉攏塞德斯·史蒂文斯那伙激進派 你需要我們的幫助
Yes, sir, I do.Well, what do we get? Whoo! Blunt!
是的 沒錯 那我們有什么好處 你也太直接了
Your manners, Monty.Must be why Mr. Lincoln pushed you out of his cabinet.He was pushed out.
禮貌一點兒 蒙蒂 我算知道為什么林肯先生把你逐出內閣了 他不是被逐出的
I wasn't pushed. Oh of course you weren't.I agreed to resign.He was pushed out to placate the goddamn radical abolishonists!
我不是被逐出的 當然不是 我主動辭職的 他被逐出是為了安撫那些該死的廢奴激進派
Oh Daddy, please! Daddy.Oh. You don't mind, boy, do you?
爸爸 請你注意點 小伙子 你不介意吧
He spends his days with soldiers.They taught me a song! Did they?
他跟士兵一起混過 他們教了我一首歌 是嘛
Soldiers know all manner of songs.How's your brother Bob?
當兵的最會唱歌了 你哥哥鮑勃還好嗎
He's at school now,but he's coming to visit in four days. For the shindy!
他還在上學 不過再過4天他就回來參加宴會了
At school? Ain't that fine!Good he's not in the army!
上學 真棒啊 至少沒去參軍
He wants to be, but mama said he can't Dangerous life, soldiering.
他想去 但是媽媽不讓他去 當兵危險得很
Your mama is wise to keep him clean out of that.
你媽媽不讓他去很明智
Now your Daddy knows that what I want,in return for all the help I give him,
現在你父親知道我想要什么 換取我對他的幫助
is to go down to Richmond like he said I could,as soon as Savannah fell,and talk to Jefferson Davis.
如他所承諾的一樣 我要去里士滿 薩瓦那一淪陷我就去 我還要和杰斐遜·戴維斯談一談
Give me terms I can offer to Jefferson Davis to start negotiating for peace.
告訴他我能提供的條件 以開啟和談
He'll talk to me!Conservative members of your party want you to listen to overtures from Richmond.That above all!
他會和我談的 你們黨內的保守派 想讓你聽一聽來自里士滿的提議 這才是重中之重