卡里姆:你看最近的銷售數據了嗎?我們現在需要加速生產。
Valerie: We don’t know if that increase is simply a blip or a trend.
瓦萊麗:尚不清楚這一增長是曇花一現還是長久趨勢。
Kareem: Those sales figures are significantly above projected levels. Our product is in demand and we need to meet that demand with a larger production run.
卡里姆:很明顯,這些銷售數據反映的是預期水平。我們的產品有需求量,我們必須大量生產來滿足市場需求。
Valerie: But that would mean a big increase in capital outlay.
瓦萊麗:這意味著我們的資本支出也將增加。

Kareem: We have to spend money to make money. We don’t want to be caught short if sales continue like this.
卡里姆:我們就是要用資本創造利潤。如果市場前景持續可觀,我們總不能供不應求吧。
Valerie: But if they don’t, we’d be saddled with a huge surplus in inventory.
瓦萊麗:但若形勢急轉直下,大量滯銷的庫存得由我們自己承擔。
Kareem: When we rolled out this new product, we hoped it would catch on and it has. Are we going to sit on our hands and do nothing?
卡里姆:當時推出新產品時,我們就希望這一新品能夠大熱,事實證明它很受歡迎。難不成我們就只是干坐著?
Valerie: I guess you’re right. Should we increase production by 10 percent?
瓦萊麗:我想你說的對。那我們就將產量提高百分之十?
Kareem: Ten percent? We’re doubling production.
卡里姆:百分之十?我們得讓產量翻倍。
Valerie: Doubling production?! Are you crazy?
瓦萊麗:產量翻倍?你瘋了嗎?
Kareem: Crazy like a fox.
卡里姆:瘋狂如狐。
譯文屬可可原創,僅供學習交流使用,未經許可請勿轉載