Remember the algorithm on the window at Kirkland?Yeah.Yeah, I'll be here.
還記得柯克蘭窗戶上的數學公式嗎? 記得 是啊,我一定回來
You sure about this?You're 20 minutes late.
你確定就這樣? 你已經遲到20分鐘了
You're gonna walk in there and say you overslept and didn't have time to get dressed.
你就這么進去,告訴他們你睡過頭了 沒時間打扮
They're gonna pitch you.Case Equity is going to pitch you.
他們會向你極盡推銷自己公平買賣也會向你招手
They're gonna beg you to take their money.
他們會乞求你收下他們的錢
You're gonna nod, you re gonna nod,you're gonna nod,
你就一直點頭,點頭,不停點
and then you're gonna say,Which one of you is Roth?No, not Roth. Manningham.
然后就問 你們誰是羅斯 不對,不是羅斯,是曼寧厄姆
Which one of you is Mitchell Manningham?And he'll say, I am.
你們誰是米契爾曼寧厄姆?然后他會說我就是
And then you say, Sean Parker says, Fuck you.Walk out.Okay.
那你就說肖恩帕克對你說 操你媽 然后走出來 好的
In late November, I got the e-mail from Mark telling me to come out for the millionth-member party.
十一月底的時候,我收到馬克的郵件 讓我回來參加慶祝百萬用戶的派對
What else did the e-mail say?It said that we had to havea business meeting.
郵件還說了什么? 還說我們要開個工作會議
That Mark and Sean had played some kind of revenge stunt on Case Equity,
還說馬克和肖恩做了些小動作報復公平買賣
and that Manningham was so impressed that he was now making an investment offer that was hard to turn down.
曼寧厄姆太讓人印象深刻了 因為他開出了令人難以拒絕的條件
So I went to California,and I went straight to the new offices.
我到達加州,直接去了新辦公室
I didn't know whether to dress for the party or for the business meeting,so I kind of dressed for both.
我不清楚該穿正裝還是派對裝 所以就穿了百搭款
But it didn't matter. Why not? Because I wasn't called out therefor either one.
但那并不重要 為什么? 因為我去那里并不是為了其中任何一個
What were you called out there for?An ambush.
那是為了什么? 一場伏擊