And now six years have already gone by...I have never yet told this story.
到現在,一點不錯,已經有六年了…我還從未講過這個故事。
The companions who met me on my return were well content to see me alive.
同伴們重新見到了我,都為能看見我活著回來而高興。
I was sad, but I told them: "I am tired."
我卻很悲傷。我告訴他們:“這是因為疲勞的緣故…”
Now my sorrow is comforted a little. That is to say not entirely.
現在,我稍微得到了些安慰。就是說還沒有完全平靜下來。
But I know that he did go back to his planet, because I did not find his body at daybreak.
可我知道他已經回到了他的星球上。因為那天黎明,我沒有再見到他的身軀。
It was not such a heavy body... and at night I love to listen to the stars. It is like five hundred million little bells...
他的身軀并不那么重…從此,我就喜歡在夜間傾聽著星星,好象是傾聽著五億個鈴鐺…
But there is one extraordinary thing.
可是,現在卻又發生了不尋常的事。
when I drew the muzzle for the little prince, I forgot to add the leather strap to it.
我給小王子畫的羊嘴套上,忘了畫皮帶!
He will never have been able to fasten it on his sheep.
他再也不可能把它套在羊嘴上。
So now I keep wondering: what is happening on his planet?"
于是,我思忖著:“他的星球上發生了什么事呢?”
Perhaps the sheep has eaten the flower...
大概小羊把花吃掉了吧…
At one time I say to myself: "Surely not!"
有時我又對自己說,“絕對不會的!”
The little prince shuts his flower under her glass globe every night, and he watches over his sheep very carefully... "
小王子每天夜里都用玻璃罩子罩住他的花,而且他會把羊看管好的…”
Then I am happy. And there is sweetness in the laughter of all the stars.
想到這里,我就非常高興。這時,所有的星星都在柔情地輕聲笑著。
But at another time I say to myself: "At some moment or other one is absent-minded, and that is enough!"
忽而我又對自己說:“人們有時總免不了會疏忽的,那就夠戧!”
On some one evening he forgot the glass globe, or the sheep got out, without making any noise, in the night...
某一天晚上他忘了玻璃罩子,或者小羊夜里不聲不響地跑出來…
And then the little bells are changed to tears...
想到這里,小鈴鐺都變成淚珠了!
Here, then, is a great mystery.
這真是一個很大的奧秘。