Einstein never accepted quantum mechanics because of its element of chance and uncertainty.
愛因斯坦從未接受過量子力學 正是因為它特有的概率與不確定性
He said, God does not play dice.It seems that Einstein was doubly wrong.
他說 上帝是不玩骰子的 看來愛因斯坦可能錯了
The quantum effects of black holes suggest that not only does God play dice
黑洞中的量子效應 表明上帝不僅玩骰子
he sometimes throws them where they cannot be seen.
他有時還把骰子扔到 無法觀測的地方
He says himself that, uh he wouldn't have got to where he is if he hadn't been ill.
他說他自己 要是 要是沒有生病 就不會取得如今的成就
And I think that's quite possible because it's like Johnson said:
而且我覺得這確實有可能 因為就像塞繆爾·約翰遜所說
The knowledge you're to be hanged in the morning concentrates the mind wonderfully.
如果你就要上絞刑架 精神便會最集中
And he has concentrated on this in a way I don't think he would have,
從某種程度上來說 他專注于科研 我覺得他本不會對科學有太大興趣
because he took a great interest in a lot of things in life
因為他對生活中的很多事情 都有極大的興趣
and I don't know that he'd have applied himself the same way
而且我不知道他會不會同樣專注于科研
if he'd been able to get around as he used to do, so in a way
如果他能夠像以前健康的時候一樣 所以在一定程度上
No, I can't think anyone's lucky having an illness like that,even so.
是的 即便如此 我也不認為有人能得那樣的病 是幸運的
But it's less bad luck for him than it would be for some people because he can so much live in his head.
但是相對于其他人來說 他的不幸要更少 因為他能用他的頭腦好好地活著
When I lived with the Hawking family, I would usually get up around 7:15 or 7:30 and take a shower
當我住到霍金的家里時 我通常 七點十五或者七點半起床 洗個澡
and then read in my Bible some in the morning and pray and then go down at 8:15 to get Stephen up.
然后讀一點圣經并且做祈禱 八點十五的時候下去叫史蒂芬起床
And at breakfast I would often tell him what I'd been reading in the Bible hoping that this would eventually have some influence.
吃早飯的時候 我經常告訴他我在圣經上讀的東西 希望這些東西最終能有所影響