I once said that I was unhappy with the explanation given in terms of negative energy particles being created.
我曾經說過 對粒子負能量子的產生的解釋 讓我很不滿意
But I feel this is part of the controversy of science.
不過 我覺得這是科學思辯的一部分
You must have the give and take, and I'm delighted to be a part of that.
你必須有所取舍 我很開心自己參與了這場思辯
That's what makes it fun.If you all sat down and said, "Oh, lovely"
這是個很有趣的過程 當人們的腦子里縈繞著鬧人的疑惑時
when you do have niggling questions in your mind that's not doing a service to science.
如果所有人都試圖忽略他們 那么這實際上對科學毫無意義的
But I was not antagonistic to it in any way except for that one time when I questioned.
不過我對這并不抵觸 除非腦子里不安生的人是我
I finally convinced myself that black holes radiate
最終我說服自己 黑洞確實有輻射
when I found a mechanism through which this could happen.
我找到一種黑洞輻射的機制
According to quantum mechanics space is filled with virtual particles and antiparticles
根據量子力學 空間充滿虛粒子和反粒子
that are constantly materializing in pairs separating, coming together again and annihilating each other.
它們成對地以實物形式存在 分離然后靠近 共同湮滅
In the presence of a black hole one member of a pair of virtual particles
在黑洞附近 上述一對虛粒子中的一個
may fall into the hole leaving the other member without a partner with which to annihilate.
可能落進黑洞 這樣剩下在外面的一個就失去了伙伴 沒法湮滅
The forsaken particle appears to be radiation emitted by the black hole.And so black holes are not eternal.
于是就成為輻射 被黑洞釋放出來 所以黑洞并不能永遠存在
They evaporate away at an increasing rate until they vanish in a gigantic explosion.
它們以一個不斷增加的速率蒸發 直到在一次巨大的爆炸中灰飛煙滅
Quantum mechanics has allowed particles and radiation to escape from the ultimate prison a black hole.
量子力學允許粒子和輻射 從黑洞這種終極監獄中 逃逸出去