Uh, so the CEO, people have asked me a bunch of times like the jobs of the start up CEO.
那么關于CEO,有人問過我很多次創業公司中CEO的工作是什么
And there are probably more than five but, you know,
大概至少有5個。
here are five that come up a lot in the early days.
在早期CEO的工作主要有5件事兒
Um, the first four, I think everyone thinks of as CEO jobs.
前四件大家都認為是CEO的工作
Set the vision. Raise money.
制定目標。籌集資金
Evangelize the company to people you're trying to recruit.
向你想招的人宣傳公司
Existing employees, partners, press, customers, everybody.
已有的員工,合伙人,媒體,顧客,每個人
Hire and manage the team.
招聘和管理團隊
Um, but the fifth one is setting the execution bar,
但第五件事是確定執行標準
and this is not something that most founders get excited about.
這并不是大多數創業者喜歡做的事

Probably think about themselves doing that I think is actually one of the critical CEO roles.
他們可能沒有想過要做這樣的事情,但我覺得這實際上是CEO關鍵的角色之一
And no one but the CEO can do this.
只有CEO能做
Um execution gets divided into two, two key questions.
執行方面分為兩個關鍵問題
One can you figure out what to do?
其一,知道做什么?
And two can you get it done?
其二,能完成嗎?
Um so I wanna talk about two parts of getting it done.
假設你已經知道做什么了
Assuming that you've already figured out what to do.
因此這里我想談談第二個問題的兩方面
Um, and those are focus and intensity.
那么剩下的就是專注和強度
Ah, so, so focus is critical.
專注是至關重要的
Um, one of my favorite questions to ask founders is what they're spending their time and money on.
我最喜歡問創業者一個問題,他們把時間和金錢都花在哪兒
Um, this reveals almost everything, about what founders think is important.
這基本上反映了創業者覺得什么是重要的
One of the hardest parts about being a founder.
作為一名創業者,最難的就是
Is it there are 100 important things competing for your attention every day.
每天有100件重要的事撲向你
Um, and you have to identify the right two or three,
你得辨別出其中兩三件最需要做的工作,
work on those and then ignore or delegate or defer the rest.
剩下的要么忽略,要么派其他人完成,或推遲
And a lot of these things that, that founders think are really important, you know.
許多創業者覺得很重要的事是
Interviewing a lot of different law firms,
比如面試許多不同的律師事務所
going to conferences, recruiting advisors,
參加會議,招聘咨詢師,等等
whatever, they just don't matter, right?
但這些都不重要,對吧?
And what really does matter, varies with time but it's an important piece of May Day advice.
因時期不同,真正重要的事也有所不同,但是有條亙古不變的準則,就是
You need to figure out what the two or three most important things are and then just do those.
你要弄清楚最重要的兩三件事,然后只做這兩三件最重要的事
And you can only have two or three things every day,
每天你只能做兩三件事
because everything else will just come at you.
因為其他的事都會主動找上你
You know fires of the day,
要知道每天最緊急的事是什么
and if you don't get really good at setting what these two or three priorities are every day.
如果你做不好確定每天的重要事項
Um, you'll never be great at actually getting stuff done.
那么你永遠不會成大事
This is really hard for founders right.
這對創業者來說真的很難
Founders are people that get excited by starting new things.
因為創業者會因嘗試新事物而變得興奮
Unfortunately, the trick to great execution is to say no a lot.
不幸的是,執行的技巧就是要常說“不”
You know, you're saying no 97 times out of 100,
100次中有97次你都要說“不”
um, and most founders find that they have to make a very conscious effort to do this.
大多數創業者發現他們必須很努力才能做到這一點
Most startups are not nearly focused enough.
大多數創業公司都不夠專注
They work really hard, maybe, but they don't work hard on the right things.
他們可能工作非常努力,但是他們的努力卻用錯了地方
And you'll still fail.
結果仍是失敗
Um, one of the great and terrible things about starting a startup is that you get no credit for trying.
關于創業,有一件可怕的事,就是你的努力沒有回報
You only get points when you make something that the market wants.
當你做了市場需要的東西時,工作才有意義
So if you work really hard on the wrong things.
所以,如果你在錯的事情上付出了努力
Uh, no one will care.
沒有人會在意