Energy permeates the Universe...
能量充斥在宇宙中
driving the processes that keep it a dynamic,endlessly changing place.
驅使著使宇宙 不斷變動的過程
So,we have matter, and we have energy.
現在我們有了物質和能量
The third thing we need to build a Universe is space...
打造宇宙需要的第3樣東西 空間
Lots of space.You can call the Universe many things
很大的空間 你可用很多方式形容宇宙
Awesome...Beautiful...Violent.
壯觀 美麗 狂暴
But one thing you can't call it is cramped.
但你絕對不能說它擁擠
Wherever we look, we see space...
不管我們往哪里看 我們都看到空間
And more space and even more space,
更多的空間外 還是更多的空間
stretching in all directions.
往四面八方不斷延伸
It's enough to make your head spin.
足以令你頭暈目眩
So,where could all this matter, energy,and space come from?
這些物質 能量和空間從何而來呢?
We had no idea until well into the 20th century.
直到20世紀 我們才開始有概念
The answer came from the insights of one man...
答案來自一個人的洞見
Probably the most remarkable scientist who has ever lived.
可能是有史以來最偉大的科學家 已永遠不在世上了
His name was Albert Einstein.
他就是阿爾伯特·愛因斯坦
Sadly,I never got to meet him,
可惜我無緣得識
since I was only 13 when he died.
因為他過世時 我才13歲