There must be no deviation from this condition.
這一點不可以含糊,
Will you agree?"
你答應嗎?”
"Yes, sire."
“答應,老爺。”
"And now the most important condition of all.
“現在,還有最重要的一個條件,
You are forbidden to share the scrolls
你不能把羊皮卷上的內容
or the wisdom they contain with anyone.
告訴任何人,
One day there will appear a person who will transmit to you a sign
將來有一天,你會得到神的啟示,
just as the star and your unselfish actions were the sign I sought.
就像那顆星星對我的啟示,
When this happens you will recognize this sign even though the person transmitting it
到時候,你會認出這個人來,
may be ignorant that he is the chosen person.
也許連他本人也不知道是怎么回事。
When your heart assures you that you are correct
等你確認無誤之后,
you will pass over to him, or her, the chest and its contents and when this is done
你再把這箱秘密傳給他。
there need be no conditions imposed on the receiver
就像我認出你一樣
such as were imposed on me and which I now impose on you.
你要一字不落地找到下一任繼承者
The letter which I received so long ago commanded that the third to receive the scrolls
這第三代傳人,
could share their message with the world if he so desires,
如果他愿意,就可以把所有秘密公諸于世了。
Will you promise to carry out this third condition?
這個條件,你答應嗎?”
"I will."
“答應。”
Pathros sighed in relief
柏薩羅長噓一聲,
as if a heavy weight had been removed from his body.
如釋重負。
He smiled weakly and cupped Hafids face in his bony hands.
他面帶微笑,用骨瘦如柴的雙手捧起海菲的臉龐。
"Take the chest and depart
“帶上箱子上路吧。
I will see thee no more.
我們不會再見面了。
Go with my love and with my wishes for success and may your Lisha
我愛你,孩子,祝你成功,
eventually share all the happiness your future will bring you."
也愿你的麗莎能分享你未來的一切幸福。”
Tears unashamedly rolled down Hafid's cheeks as he took the chest
淚珠順著海菲的臉頰滾落下來。他拿起箱子,
and carried it through the open bedroom door.
走出主人的臥房。
He paused outside, placed the chest on the floor,
他在門外停住腳步,放下箱子,
and turned back toward his master,
又轉回頭問他的主人:
"Failure will never overtake me
“只要決心成功,
if my determination to succeed is strong enough?"
失敗永遠不會把我擊垮?”
The old man smiled faintly and nodded.
老人靠在床上,微微點了點頭,
He raised his hand in farewell.
笑著朝他揮手告別。