For all we know,every one of our perceived reality is simply fed to us
說不定我們每個人認知中的現實情況
By some all-powerful supercomputer.
只是某個萬能的超級電腦灌輸給我們的
And the simulation is so perfect that we never even notice.
這種模擬太完美了 完美到我們從未注意過
But here's the cracks: It doesn't actually matter.
但關鍵來了 這其實并不重要
It's as Descartes said: We think,therefore we are.
正如笛卡爾所說的 我思故我在
The hamburger could be nothing more than a piece of computer code.
漢堡可能不過就是一個電腦編碼
But our desire to eat it,is still our own desire.
但我們想吃漢堡的欲望 仍然是我們本身的欲望
We still feel hunger...
我們仍會感到饑餓
Our minds still exist,even if we are in a simulation.
我們的心靈依然存在 即使我們真的活在模擬狀態中
So doubting the true nature of reality serves no purpose.
所以懷疑現實的真正本質并沒有任何意義
It's simpler to just accept
直接接受這個想法簡單多了
that there are fundamental limits to what we can known.
畢竟人所能理解的事在本質上是有限的
Take this table,for example.
以這張桌子為例
How do you know if a table still exists if you go out of the room
若你走出房間 你怎知這張桌子是否仍在?
And can no longer see it?
你已經看不到它了
For all you know,the table could pack up and disappear out the window.
說不定 桌子可能自行折疊起來 從窗戶跑出去