Lesson 4 Small Talk
第四課 閑聊
April 8
4月8日
What Can I Talk About?
聊什么話題?
Read it!
讀讀看!
Lucky Taylor gets to interview the governor.
幸運的泰樂得以訪問州長,
Taylor will ask her about education.
泰樂將會問她教育方面的議題。
Taylor will also go to a party for the governor.
泰樂也會參加一場為州長舉辦的派對,
But Taylor is not good at making small talk.
可是泰樂不善于聊天。
She can talk about the weather.
她可以聊天氣,
What other topics can she talk about?
她還可以聊哪些話題?
Abby helps her.
雅碧幫助她,
She also tells her to look for friendly people to talk to.
并且告訴她可以找友善的對象聊天。
Conversation A
會話A
Abby, did you hear the news?
雅碧,妳有沒有聽到消息?
What news, Taylor?
泰樂,什么消息呀?
The governor is coming to town on April 21!
州長在四月二十一日要到城里來!
That's great!
那太好了!
She's a good governor. Everyone likes her.
她是位很好的州長, 大家都喜歡她。
And I get to interview her.
我還能訪問她呢。
Lucky you!
妳真幸運!
What will you interview her about?
妳要訪問她什么議題?
I'll ask her about her ideas to improve education.
我會問她對于改善教育有什么想法。
Good idea. People are interested in that.
好主意, 這是民眾感興趣的議題。
Conversation B
會話B
But I'm worried about one thing.
可是我擔心一件事。
What's that?
什么事?
There is a party for the governor on Tuesday evening.
星期二晚上有一場為州長舉辦的派對,
I'm invited. But I won't know anyone there.
我獲得了邀請, 可是我在派對上什么人都不認識。
So? Just make conversation with people.
那又怎么樣?找人交談就好了啊。
How? I'm not very good at small talk.
怎么交談?我不是很擅長聊天。
I can never think of anything to talk about but the weather.
除了天氣之外,我總是想不出有什么話題可以聊。
That's a good topic.
那是個不錯的話題啊。
But it gets boring really fast.
可是很快就會讓人覺得無聊了。
Conversation C
會話C
You need to plan ahead.
妳需要事先規劃,
Make a list of some topics to talk about.
列出一些可以談論的話題。
Like what?
例如什么?
Well, first, always tell people your name.
這個嘛,首先一定要向別人介紹妳自己的名字,
Then ask, "Where are you from?"
請問你是哪里人?
Then you can talk about their city.
這樣妳就可以聊對方的城市。
That's a good idea.
這主意不錯。
Who should I talk to?
我該找什么人聊?
When you walk into a room, look for friendly people.
妳走進一個房間的時候,記得找看起來友善的人。
OK. I can look for friendly faces.
好,我可以找些友善的臉龐。