Science has changed everything.
科學改變一切
Not just the world around us,but how we see ourselves.
不僅僅改變我們周遭的世界 也改變我們的自我感官
It's hard to overstate how profound this discoveries are.
很難用言語表達這些發現是多么的深遠
First up,they force us to leave our common sense behind.
首先 它們迫使我們拋開常識
When we look at the human race clearly and objectively,
當我們清楚又客觀地觀察人類
what we see is a pretty extraordinary creature.
我們看到的是與眾不同的生物
We live,and love,and enjoy ourselves.
我們生活 相愛 享樂
We sometimes break the law or behave badly.
我們有時違反法律或不守規矩
We all have hopes,and dreams,and desires.
我們有希望 夢想 和欲望
But the first thing we must accept just because searching for the meaning of life...
但在我們尋找生命意義時 首先必須了解的是
is that always is nothing more than physics.
這一切是否只不過是物理現象?
You see the entire universe works according to the laws of nature,such as gravity.
你看到整個宇宙根據自然法則運作 例如地心引力
These laws control everything.
一切都受控于這些法則
From the inner working of atoms to the collisions of colossal galaxies.
從原子的內部運作到巨大星系之間的碰撞
I see no reason why we tiny humans should be the exception to the rule.
我們渺小的人類 實在沒有理由會成為自然法則的例外