Robert reached for the flagon and refilled his cup.
勞勃又拿起酒瓶,為自己斟滿。
You see what she does to me, Ned.
奈德,你也看到她是如何待我的了。
The king seated himself, cradling his wine cup.
國王坐下來,撫著酒杯。
My loving wife. The mother of my children.
這就是我親愛的妻子,我孩子的母親。
The rage was gone from him now; in his eyes Ned saw something sad and scared.
他怒氣已消,此刻奈德在他眼里所見只有哀傷和恐懼。
I should not have hit her. That was not...that was not kingly.
我不該打她的。這實在不是…實在不是國王該有的舉動。
He stared down at his hands, as if he did not quite know what they were.
他低頭盯著自己的手,仿佛不太明白那是什么東西。
I was always strong...no one could stand before me, no one.
我的力氣向來很大…沒人能打贏我,沒有人。
How do you fight someone if you can't hit them? Confused, the king shook his head. Rhaegar...Rhaegar won, damn him.
可萬一你碰不到他,這場架又該怎么打?國王困惑地搖搖頭。雷加…雷加他贏了,挨千刀的。
I killed him, Ned, I drove the spike right through that black armor into his black heart, and he died at my feet.
奈德,我殺了他,我的戰錘狠狠鑿穿他那件黑鎧甲,刺進他那顆黑心,教他當場死在我腳下。
They made up songs about it. Yet somehow he still won. He has Lyanna now, and I have her. The king drained his cup.
后人為這件事稱頌不已。可他還是贏了。如今他擁有萊安娜,而我得到的卻是她。國王一飲而盡。
Your Grace, Ned Stark said, we must talk...
陛下,奈德·史塔克道,我有事要跟您談…
Robert pressed his fingertips against his temples.
勞勃伸出手指按住太陽穴。
I am sick unto death of talk. On the morrow I'm going to the kingswood to hunt.
我已經談到反胃了。明天我要去御林打獵,
Whatever you have to say can wait until I return.
你等我回來再說罷。
If the gods are good, I shall not be here on your return.
若是諸神眷顧,等您回來我就不在了。
You commanded me to return to Winterfell, remember?
您命令我返回臨冬城,記得嗎?
Robert stood up, grasping one of the bedposts to steady himself.
勞勃站起來,握著床柱穩住身子。
The gods are seldom good, Ned. Here, this is yours.
奈德,諸神很少眷顧世人的。拿去罷,這是你的東西。
He pulled the heavy silver hand clasp from a pocket in the lining of his cloak and tossed it on the bed.
他從斗篷內袋里拿出沉重的手形銀徽章,丟在床上。
Like it or not, you are my Hand, damn you. I forbid you to leave.
管你喜不喜歡,總之你他媽是我的首相。我不準你走。

背景介紹:
《權力的游戲》是一部中世紀史詩奇幻題材的電視連續劇。該劇以美國作家喬治·R·R·馬丁的奇幻巨作《冰與火之歌》七部曲為基礎改編創作,由大衛·貝尼奧夫和丹尼爾·威斯編劇、HBO電視網推出。喬治·雷蒙德·理查德·馬丁是歐美奇幻小說大師。馬丁的作品主要以人物為關注點,描寫細膩豐富,突破了幻想文學界固有的創作模式,多次引領閱讀潮流。由于馬丁的輝煌成就,他被譽為美國的托爾金和新世紀的海明威。從1989年開始,馬丁淡出文學界,轉而投身演藝界發展,1996年他才重返文壇而開始奇幻文學的創作,處女作便是《權力的游戲》,即為《冰與火之歌》的首部曲。《權力的游戲》甫出便拿下了British Fantasy Society、 世界奇幻獎和星云獎年度最佳幻想作品提名,在非官方的不記名奇幻作品投票中,《冰與火之歌》儼然已經可以和《魔戒》平起平坐,作者網站的訪問量也是和斯蒂芬·金、J.K.羅琳等不相上下,其受歡迎的程度可見一斑。喬治馬丁被時代雜志評選為2011年影響世界的一百人之一。