The queen looked to her husband. If any man had dared speak to a Targaryen as he has spoken to you...
王后看看她丈夫。以前要是有人敢用這種口氣對坦格利安家的人說話—
Do you take me for Aerys? Robert interrupted.
你當我是伊里斯嗎?勞勃打斷她的話。
I took you for a king.
我當你是一國之君。
Jaime and Tyrion are your own brothers, by all the laws of marriage and the bonds we share.
論法律論姻親,詹姆和提利昂都算是你兄弟,
The Starks have driven off the one and seized the other.
如今史塔克家的人趕走一個又抓了另一個,
This man dishonors you with every breath he takes, and yet you stand there meekly, asking if his leg pains him and would he like some wine.
而這個人說的每一句話都在羞辱你,你卻只會乖乖站在旁邊,一會兒問他腿痛不痛,一會兒問他要不要喝酒。
Robert's face was dark with anger.
勞勃臉色陰沉,滿面怒容。
How many times must I tell you to hold your tongue, woman?
臭女人,你要我說幾次才會閉嘴?
Cersei's face was a study in contempt.
瑟曦的神情輕蔑得無以復加。
What a jape the gods have made of us two, she said.
天上諸神還真開了我倆一個大玩笑,她說,
By all rights, you ought to be in skirts and me in mail.
你應該穿裙子當女人,像個男人披掛上陣的該是我。
Purple with rage, the king lashed out, a vicious backhand blow to the side of the head.
國王氣得臉色發紫,伸手就是狠狠一拳,
She stumbled against the table and fell hard, yet Cersei Lannister did not cry out.
把她打得踉蹌著撞上桌子,重重跌倒在地。瑟曦·蘭尼斯特沒吭半聲,
Her slender fingers brushed her cheek, where the pale smooth skin was already reddening.
她伸出纖細的手指撫著臉,面頰光滑的雪白肌膚已經開始泛紅,
On the morrow the bruise would cover half her face.
等到明天,半邊臉就會腫起來。
I shall wear this as a badge of honor, she announced.
我會把這當成榮譽的獎章。她宣示。
Wear it in silence, or I'll honor you again, Robert vowed. He shouted for a guard.
那就給我安靜地戴好,否則我讓你更光榮。勞勃保證。他大喊來人,
Ser Meryn Trant stepped into the room, tall and somber in his white armor.
穿著白色鎧甲,高大陰沉的馬林·特蘭爵士走進屋內。
The queen is tired. See her to her bedchamber.
王后累了。送她回房。
The knight helped Cersei to her feet and led her out without a word.
騎士扶起瑟曦,一言不發地領她出去了。

背景介紹:
《權力的游戲》是一部中世紀史詩奇幻題材的電視連續劇。該劇以美國作家喬治·R·R·馬丁的奇幻巨作《冰與火之歌》七部曲為基礎改編創作,由大衛·貝尼奧夫和丹尼爾·威斯編劇、HBO電視網推出。喬治·雷蒙德·理查德·馬丁是歐美奇幻小說大師。馬丁的作品主要以人物為關注點,描寫細膩豐富,突破了幻想文學界固有的創作模式,多次引領閱讀潮流。由于馬丁的輝煌成就,他被譽為美國的托爾金和新世紀的海明威。從1989年開始,馬丁淡出文學界,轉而投身演藝界發展,1996年他才重返文壇而開始奇幻文學的創作,處女作便是《權力的游戲》,即為《冰與火之歌》的首部曲。《權力的游戲》甫出便拿下了British Fantasy Society、 世界奇幻獎和星云獎年度最佳幻想作品提名,在非官方的不記名奇幻作品投票中,《冰與火之歌》儼然已經可以和《魔戒》平起平坐,作者網站的訪問量也是和斯蒂芬·金、J.K.羅琳等不相上下,其受歡迎的程度可見一斑。喬治馬丁被時代雜志評選為2011年影響世界的一百人之一。