We're going to jump onto the next one, maybe. Yes.
或許我們可以開始討論下一個動機了。
Influence and status.
影響力和地位
So this is one of the most famous game dynamics.
這是最出名的游戲動機之一。
It's used all over the place.
在很多地方都可以利用它。
It's used in your wallets, right now.
你的錢包里現在就有它。
We all want that credit card on the far left because it's black.
我們都想擁有最左邊那張信用卡,因為它是美國運通頂級黑卡。
And you see someone at CVS or --
你會見到在財富五百強工作的人或者——
not CVS -- at Christian Dior or something, and then ...
不是財富五百強——在迪奧或者別的什么精品店,這張卡會出現,
I don't know. I don't have a black card; I've got a debit card.
我不大清楚,因為我沒有運通黑卡,我只有一張借記卡。
So they whip it out. And you see men, they have that black card.
他們把卡拿出來。你會看著這個人,哇,他們有運通黑卡。
I want that because that means that they're cooler than I am, and I need that.
我也想要有這樣的卡片因為這張卡意味著身份高人一等,所以我也想要一個。
And this is used in games as well.
游戲中也有這種動機。
"Modern Warfare," one of the most successful selling games of all time.
“魔獸世界”是一款賣的最好的游戲。
I'm only a level four, but I desperately want to be a level 10,
我現在只玩到了4級,我特別想達到10級,
because they've got that cool red badge thing,
因為到達十級后就可以拿到很酷的紅色勛章,
and that means that I am somehow better than everyone else.
意味著我比其他人都棒。
And that's very powerful to me. Status is really good motivator.
這對我很有吸引力。地位確實是很強的動力。
It's also used in more conventional settings
在很傳統的地方也會有地位發揮作用的情況,
and can be used more consciously in conventional settings.
并且可以在這些地方更加刻意地利用它。
School -- and remember, I made it through one year,
比如學校——別忘了我還上過一學年,
so I think I'm qualified to talk on school --
所以我還是有資格談論學校的——
is a game, it's just not a terribly well-designed game, right.
它就是一個游戲,是一款設計的不那么好的游戲。
There are levels. There are C. There are B. There is A.
那里也有等級,包括C等,B等,A等。
There are statuses. I mean, what is valedictorian, but a status?
這里有地位之分。我的意思是,如果把畢業生致辭比作地位?
If we called valedictorian a "white knight paladin level 20,"
如果我們把畢業生致辭的地位命名為“白爵士圣騎士二十級”,
I think people would probably work a lot harder.
我認為同學們會更加努力的學習。
So school is a game, and there have been lots of experimentations on how we do this properly.
所以學校就是一個游戲場。我們可以做很多實驗嘗試把學校辦的更好。
But let's use it consciously. Like why have games that you can lose?
讓我們自覺地利用它。比如為什么制定會輸的游戲?
Why go from an A to an F or a B to a C?
為什么會從A到F,從B到C?
That sucks. Why not level-up?
這太糟了。為什么不能晉級?
And at Princeton, they've actually experimented with this,
在普里斯頓,他們正實驗著這么做,
where they have quizzes where you gain experience points, and you level up from B to an A.
有一些可以得到經驗分的小測試,可以從B等升到A等。
And it's very powerful.
這種力量很強大。
It can be used in interesting ways.
人們可以采取各種有趣的形式利用它。