Dialogue 1:
Jingjing: So, Xiao Gao,do you have the hots for anyone at school?
京晶:嘿,小高,在學校你有喜歡的人嗎?
Xiao Gao: Besides you? No one!
小高:除了你之外就沒有別人啦!
Jingjing: Gag me! No,seriously, do you like anyone?
京晶:少來,我說真的呢,你有沒有喜歡的人?
Xiao Gao: Well, I've had my eyes on Jennifer for a couple of weeks now.
小高:嗯,我最近對珍妮弗很感興趣,我已經觀察她兩周了。
Jingjing: So does she know you like her?
京晶:那她知道你喜歡她嗎?
Xiao Gao: Not yet, I've seen her flirting with Bob a lot lately, it really rubs me the wrong way.
小高:不知道,我最近總看見她和鮑勃打情罵俏,這讓我感到很不舒服。
Jingjing: I think you should ask her to be your study buddy.
京晶:我覺得你可以邀請她當你的學習伙伴。
Xiao Gao: I was thinking I could give her a flower and ask her if she wants to see a movie.
小高:我在想我應該送她一枝花,然后約她去看場電影。
Jingjing: Hold your horses, you should get to know her first, it's too early to act like Prince Charming.
京晶:別太著急,你應該先慢慢了解她,現在就表現得像個白馬王子似的還為時過早。
Xiao Gao: Yeah, you're right. Thanks.
小高:嗯,你說的有道理,謝謝。
Jingjing: Don't mention it.
京晶:別客氣。
習語短語
1. have the hots for someone = 對某人感興趣,迷戀某人
2. Gag me! = 少來了,我要吐了!(用于當某人說了虛假的話或某件很惡心的事情時。)
3. have your eyes on someone = 喜歡某人,對某人感興趣
4. flirt = 打情罵俏,調情
5. It rubs me the wrong way. = 某種狀況讓我感覺不舒服。
6. study buddy = 學習伙伴,一起學習互相幫助的伙伴
7. hold your horses =(字面意思是“勒住你的馬”)等等,慢慢來
8. Prince Charming = 白馬王子