Dialogue 2
Xiao Gao: Hey, get this,I heard Bob is getting expelled from school. I'm so happy!
小高:嘿,好消息,我聽說鮑勃要被學校開除了,我太高興了。
Jingjing: What did he do to get the boot?
京晶:他做了什么要讓學校開除了?
Xiao Gao: I heard he pulled a prank on the school principal, he was really ticked!
小高:我聽說他給校長搞了一個惡作劇,校長很生氣,后果很嚴重。
Jingjing: Now's your window of opportunity, go talk to Jennifer before another jock gets a hold of her.
京晶:那現(xiàn)在就是你的機會來了,快去找珍妮弗表白吧,趕在她沒被另一個校隊運動員搶走之前。
Xiao Gao: What if she thinks I'm ugly?
小高:那她要是覺得我長得丑怎么辦?
Jingjing: Oh, Xiao Gao, I'm sure she'll love your swagger.
京晶:哦,小高,我肯定她會喜歡你的范兒的。
Xiao Gao: I hope so, wish me luck!
小高:我希望是吧,祝我好運!
Jingjing: Good luck!
京晶:祝你好運!
習語短語
1. get this = 快聽聽這個消息,我有個難以置信的好消息要告訴你
2. expel = 開除
3. the boot =(名詞)開除,除名(用于工作或學校)
4. pull a prank = 搞了一個惡作劇
5. ticked = 生氣
6. window of opportunity = 希望之窗,指某人做某件事的一個短暫的時機
7. jock = 學校校隊的運動員,他們在美國高中和高校里是非常受歡迎的熱門人物
8. swagger = 范兒