萊尼:你為什么坐在這里干發呆呢?
Francis:I'm pondering life.
弗朗西斯:我在思考人生呢。
Rene:That sounds profound.
萊尼:聽起來夠深奧的。
Francis:I'm examining my life from a metaphysical standpoint.
弗朗西斯:我在從形而上學的角度來思量自己的人生。
I'm not sure I really exist.
我不確定自己是否真實存在。
Maybe my entire life is an illusion and there's no such thing as reality.
也許我的人生就是一場幻象,而且根本不存在所謂的現實。
Rene:Okay. Are you sure you're feeling all right?
萊尼:好吧。你確定自己很好嗎?
Francis:I'm better now that I've made some decisions about my epistemological outlook on life.
弗朗西斯:我很好的, 對于人生觀的認識我做了一些決定。
I'm allowing reason and logic to guide me.
我讓理性和邏輯來指引我前行。
Rene:That's great, but you still seem a little distracted.
萊尼:太好了,但你看起來似乎仍然有點矛盾。
Francis:That's because I'm wrestling with some major questions about ethics and morality.
弗朗西斯:那是因為我正在糾結一些關于倫理及道德的問題。
It's not easy always trying to do the right thing.
總是正確可并非易事。
Rene:I can understand that, but could you get me…?
萊尼:我能理解,但是你能說幾句嗎?
Francis:But then I think that perhaps the only thing that matters in life are esthetics, and I should devote my life to creating beauty.
弗朗西斯:但我想,也許在生活中唯一重要的是美學,我應該致力于給自己的生活創造美。
Rene:That's a nice idea, but have you given any thought to how you'd pay the rent?
萊尼:這是個好主意,但是你有沒有考慮過拿什么付房租?
You could start by getting me a cup of coffee.
你可以先給我來一杯咖啡然后再聊聊這個。
Francis:Ah, I see you're a realist.
弗朗西斯:哦,我看得出,你是一位現實主義者。
Do you want your usual or do you want to hear the specials?
你是想一生這樣平淡無奇還是想聽點特別的?