芭芭拉:在虛線處簽個字就可以了。
Sean:Didn't your parents ever teach you to read every document carefully before you sign it?
尚恩:你父母沒教過你在簽字之前要仔細閱讀每份文件的嗎?
Barbara:Not when the contract is boilerplate.
芭芭拉:這份合同是樣板文件,不需要看的。
All of the terms are standard.
所有的條款都是公式化條文。
Sean:No, they're not.
肖恩:不,不是這樣。
Did you notice in the fine print that if the agreement is cancelled, we're on the hook for additional charges?
你有注意到小字寫著如果協議取消,我們需要負責額外費用這樣的細節了嗎?
Barbara:Really? No, I guess I missed that.
芭芭拉:真的嗎?不,我想漏掉了。
Sean:If you had gone through this document with a fine-tooth comb as I have, you would have noticed that there are loopholes for the other side to end the contract at any time.
尚恩:如果你像我這樣非常仔細地瀏覽這份文件,你會發現對方存在隨時可將合同終止的漏洞。
Barbara:I guess I overlooked those.
芭芭拉:我想我忽略了這些。
Sean:And there are contingencies for problems on their end, but not on ours.
肖恩:對方如果有不可預見事件就能終止,但我們就行不通。
Barbara:Wow, I didn't realize they were trying to screw us.
芭芭拉:哇,我不知道他們想占我們的便宜。
Maybe we shouldn't do business with them.
也許我們不應該和他們做生意。
Sean:Relax. This is par for the course with this kind of contract.
尚恩:放輕松。有這樣的合同是意料之中的。
They try to sneak in all kinds of things and it's our job to find them.
他們想在各種各樣的事情上偷奸?;?我們的工作就是找出這些。
We just have to be vigilant, that's all.
我們只需要時刻保持警惕,僅此而已。
Barbara:Do you think this is going to take much longer?
芭芭拉:你認為這需要花更長時間嗎?
They're waiting in the other room to finalize the agreement.
他們正在另一個房間等待敲定最終協議。
Sean:It'll take as long as it takes.
尚恩:只要能找出漏洞,就得花時間。
What do you think that cot is for?
你覺得這張小床是干什么用的?