Welcome.
大家好
Can I turn this on?
麥克能打開嗎?
Maybe, all right.
應該沒問題了
Can people hear in the back?
后邊的人能聽到嗎?
Can you guys hear me?
大家都能聽到嗎?
Is the mic on?
麥克應該是打開了吧?
No, ah, maybe you can ask them to turn it on.
你可以讓工作人員打開
Maybe we can get a bigger, ah, there we go.
應該把音量調大一點,現在好了
All right.
好
Maybe we can get a bigger auditorium, we'll see.
下次我們可以換一個大的講堂
So welcome to CS183B.
好,歡迎大家來聽創業課CS183B
I'm Sam Altman.
我是山姆·阿爾特曼
I'm the President of Y Combinator.
我是Y Combinator(YC美國風投公司)的總裁
Nine years ago, I was a Stanford student and then I dropped out to start a company.
九年前,我曾經是斯坦福大學的一名學生,但我輟學去開公司了
And then I've been an investor for the last few.
在此之后,我一直是一名投資人
So, at YC, we've been teaching people how to start startups for nine years.
這九年以來,在YC,我們的工作就是教大家如何去創業
Most of it's very hands on and specific to the startups.
這些經驗是需要大家去實踐的,而且只針對于創業來講
But, 30% of it is pretty generally applicable.
不過其中的30%是具有普適性的
And so, we think that we can teach that 30% in this class.
我們就是要在課程中,給大家教授這30%的內容
And even though that's only 30% of the way there hopefully it'll still be really helpful.
雖然只有30%,對大家也會有所幫助
We've taught a lot of this at YC already,
我們在YC已經教過諸如此類的很多內容
but it's all been off the record.
不過之前的都是非公開的
And this is the first time that a lot of what we teach in YC is gonna be on the record.
YC這樣公開地給大家授課還是第一次
So we've invited some of our best speakers to come and give the same talks they give at YC.
我們請到了最出色的一些演講人,他們在這里講的和在YC講的是一樣的
We've now funded 720 companies.
我們一共曾為720多家公司融資
And so, we're pretty sure that a lot of this advice is pretty good.
因此,我們相信告訴大家的內容,都是非常有用的
We can't fund every startup yet,
雖然不能給每個新公司提供資金
but we can hopefully make this advice very generally available.
還是希望每個人都能得到需要的信息和幫助
Guest speakers are gonna teach 17 of the 20 classes.
總共20次課,嘉賓演講人要講授17課
I'm only teaching three.
我自己給大家講3次
Counting YC itself,
每位嘉賓演講人
every guest speaker has been involved in the creation of a billion plus dollar company.
都曾經參與創辦過價值超過十億美金的公司,包括YC
So the advice shouldn't be that theoretical.
所以這些建議不會是紙上談兵
It's all been, it's all from people who have done it.
這些建議都是來自于真正做過大事的人
All of the advice in this class is geared towards people starting a business
我們的課程面向的群體
where the goal was hyper-growth.
是尋求快速發展
And eventually building a very large company.
最后發展成超大規模公司的創業者
Much of it doesn't apply in other cases and
對于其他情況,不推薦聽這些課程
I wanna warn people up front.
這些我先講在前邊
That if you try and do these things in a lot of big companies or non startups, it won't work.
如果大家把聽到的內容應用在現存的大公司,而不是創業中,是行不通的
It should still be interesting.
當然,聽一下總是有幫助的
I, I really do think that startups are the way of the future
我認為,創業是今后市場發展的大流方向
and it's worth trying to understand them.
所以了解一下是有好處的
But startups are very different than normal companies.
剛開辦的公司跟一般公司很不同
So over the course of today and Thursday,
今天和周四的課程
I'm gonna try to give an overview of the four areas
我會給大家介紹四個方面
that you need to excel at in order to maximize your chances of success at a startup.
如果想要創業成功,這四個方面必須做得非常出色
And then throughout the course,
在整套課程中
the guest speakers are gonna drill into all of these in more detail.
嘉賓演講人也會詳細講解這些方面
So the four areas, you need a great idea, a great product, a great team and great execution.
這四點分別是,好創意,好產品,好團隊,好執行
These overlap somewhat,
當然,這四點可能彼此有重疊
but I'm gonna have to talk about them somewhat individually to make it make sense.
不過我還是分別來給大家介紹一下