I said, a year?
我說 一年?
I said, I'm a comedian, I cannot talk for a year?
我可是一個喜劇演員 你讓我一年不說話?
So don't get discouraged. Think of that
記住 別氣餒 想想這個
If you were a doctor, that would be your residency
如果你是醫生 你可以把這四年當成實習期
Number 3
第3條
You're an artist, suffer for your work, paint yourself into a corner
你是一位藝術家 忍受你的工作 不要挑三揀四
take every degrading, humiliating show business job you can get
滑稽表演的任何機會都得上 無論多么讓你感到丟臉
that doesn't require taking your clothes off
只要不讓你脫光衣服就行
And you learn something, every experience
你將學到很多
and it will give you great pedal when you go on late night talk shows
這對你以后進入晚間脫口秀絕對大有好處
Number 4
第4條
Always keep people in your life who don't quite understand what is it that you do
在生活中和一些不大理解你在做什么的人保持聯系
It will keep you humble
這會讓你保持謙恭
You're never as informed as you think you are
你其實沒有自己以為的那么了不起
When I was on the cover of Time magazine the first time
我第一次登上時代周刊封面的時候
Don Lemon
唐·萊蒙
I called my mom and tell her, I said
我打電話我媽 我跟她說
hey mom, I'm on the cover of Time magazine
媽 我上了時代周刊封面
My mom said, which one was it?
我媽問 什么封面
I said Time magazine My mom said, which one?
我說 時代周刊 我媽問 哪個
Time magazine, the big news magazine, Time magazine
時代周刊 很牛的新聞雜志 時代周刊
I said, I'm going to call Uncle Frank in New York
我說 我要打電話給紐約的弗蘭克叔叔
and call Uncle Tony in Miami
和邁阿密的托尼叔叔
and tell them I'm on the cover of Time magazine
告訴他們我登上了時代周刊封面
My mother said, I don't think so
我媽說 我不這么認為
I said, what do you mean you don't think so?
我問 什么叫你不這么認為
She goes what? She said, I think they put you on the cover of one say still around here
她說 我想 他們把你放到這里的封面上
because they know you're from this area
是因為他們知道你來自這個地方
She said, I don't think you're on the cover of Miami
她說 我不認為邁阿密的封面上也是你
I go, I'm on the cover in Miami
我說 邁阿密的封面上也是我