Did you not, at that time, consider me a foolish man of business?
那時候,你不是認為我是個做生意的傻瓜嗎?
I had great forebodings, sire.
我那時侯覺得......
Hafid nodded, and spread his arms toward the loading platforms.
海菲點點頭,指了指卸貨臺,
Will you now admit that your concern was without ground?
你現在不承認當時多慮了?
Yes, sire.
是的,老爺。
Then, let me encourage you to maintain faith in this decision, until I explain my plans.
那么,我勸你對我剛才要你做的事要有信心,我會把我的用意解釋給你聽的。
I am now an old man,
我已經老了,
and my needs are simple.
需要的東西很簡單,
Since my beloved Lisha has been taken from me,
自從麗莎走了以后,
after so many years of happiness,
我就決定
it is my desire to distribute all of my wealth among the poor of this city.
把所有財富分送給城里的窮人,
I shall keep only enough to complete my life without discomfort.
自己留這點夠用就行了。
Besides disposing of our inventory,
除了清理財產之外,
I wish you to prepare the necessary documents,
我希望你準備一些文件,
which will transfer the ownership, of every emporium
把分行的所有權證明文件,
to he who now manages each for me.
轉移給所有分行的帳房,
I also wish you to distribute five thousand gold talents to these managers, as a reward
另外再拿出五前進比分給每個帳房,
for their years of loyalty,
這么多年來他們一直忠心耿耿,任勞任怨。
and so that they may restock their shelves in any manner that they desire.
以后,他們喜歡賣什么就賣什么。
Erasmus began to speak,
伊拉馬張了張嘴,
but Hafid's raised hand silenced him.
海菲揮手阻止了他。
Does this assignment seem unpleasant to you?
你不太喜歡這么做,是嗎?
The bookkeeper shook his head, and attempted to smile.
老總管搖了搖頭,勉強露出笑容,
No, sire, it is only that I cannot understand your reasoning.
不是的,老爺,我只是不明白您為什么要這么做,
Your words, are those of a man whose days are numbered.
您好像在交待后......”
It is your character, Erasmus,
“你就是這樣,老伊,
that your concern should be for me instead of yourself.
老是想著我,從來不替自己想想,
Have you no thoughts for your own future, when our trade empire is disbanded?
我們的生意不做了,你就不為自己打算打算?