We have been comrades together for many years.
我跟了您這么多年,
How can I, now, think only of myself?
怎么能只想自己呢?
Hafid embraced his old friend, and replied,
海菲擁著老仆人繼續說道:
It is not necessary.
別這樣,
I ask, that you immediately transfer fifty thousand gold talents to your name,
我要你馬上把五萬金幣轉道你的戶頭上,
and I beg that you remain with me, until a promise I made long ago is fulfilled.
然后我求你留下來,等我把多年來的一樁心事了結以后再走。
When that promise is kept
到時候,
I will then bequeath this palace and warehouse to you
我會把這座大廈和倉庫都留給你,
for I will then be ready to rejoin Lisha.
然后我就找麗莎去了。
The old bookkeeper stared at his master, unable to comprehend the words heard.
老總管睜大眼睛看著主人,不敢相信自己的耳朵,
"Fifty thousand gold talents, the palace, the warehouse...
五萬金幣,房子,倉庫,......
I am not deserving...."
我不值得...
Hafid nodded.
海菲點了點頭,
"I have always counted your friendship as my greatest asset.
我一直把你的忠心當作最大的財富,和它比起來,
What I now bestow on you, is of little measure compared to your unending loyalty.
我送你的這點小東西根本算不上什么。
You have mastered the art of living,
你懂得生活的藝術,
not for yourself done, but for others;
不為自己,而為別人活著,
and this concern has stamped the above all, as a man among men.
這就是你與眾不同的地方。
Now I urge you to hasten with the consummation of my plans.
我現在要你做的,就是幫我盡快完成計劃,
Time is the most precious commodity I possess,
我的日子不多了,對我來說,
and the hour glass of my life is nearly filled."
沒有什么比時間更重要的了。”
Erasmus turned his face to hide his tears.
伊拉瑪轉過頭,不讓主人看見眼里的淚水。
His voice broke as he asked,
他顫顫巍巍地說道
And what of your promise, yet to keep?
您說您有心愿未了,是什么心愿?
Although we have been as brothers, never have I heard you talk of such a matter.
您對我象親人一樣,可是我從來沒聽您提過什么心愿。
Hafid folded his arms and smiled.
菲雙臂抱在胸前,面帶笑容,
"I will meet with you again, when you have discharged my commands of this morning.
等你把今天早上交待你的事辦完以后,
Then I will disclose a secret,
我會告訴你一個秘密,
which I have shared with no one, except my beloved wife,
這秘密只有麗莎知道。
for over thirty years.
三十年了。