Did you write in here?
你當時是在這里寫書的嗎?
This is really the room.
真的是這間屋子。
Well, I finished Philosopher's Stone in here.
我在這里完成了《魔法石》。
This is really where I turned my life around.
這里真是我人生的轉角。
Completely. I mean, my life changed so much in this flat.
徹徹底底地,我是說我的人生在這里發生了太大的變化。
I feel I really became myself here, you know, everything was stripped away.
我覺得我在這里成就了自我,一切都從生命中剝離。
I'd made such a mess of things but that was freeing.
我把生活弄得一團糟,但那些使我解脫。
So I just thought, "Well, I wanna write. "
所以我只想著 “好 我要寫作”。
"So I write the book. And what is the worst that can happen?
“所以我寫書,我還能發生什么更糟的事發生?”
It gets down by every publisher in Britain, big deal. "
無非就是被英國所有的出版商拒之門外,有什么大不了。”
So, you know it was really back-to-the-wall time here.
所以你知道的,這里真是一段走投無路的時間。
My bedroom's... Well, "my bedroom"...The bedroom is a lot tidier now, God.
我的臥室,“我的臥室” 這間臥室現在整潔多了。
God, that's mad.
上帝,好瘋狂。
This was a tip when I left it.
那是我留下的小紙條。
Oh, look. Harry Potter books.
看,《哈利·波特》書。
Now, that is really freaky.
現在這一切真的很怪。
And for years now I felt like if it all disappeared and some days I do feel like that. Is it real?
好多年了,我還會想如果現在的一切消失了,有些時候我真會這么想,這是真的嗎?
Then this is where I would come back to, you know. This would be my baseline. I'd be back in Leith.
接著,這里就會是我回去的地方,這里會是我的底線,我會回到利斯。
And obviously if I had known that 10 year... Well, what was it? Yeah, 10 years on.
顯然,要是我10年前就知道……多少呢?對,就是10年以前。
I'd come back here with a film crew and there would be my published books in someone else's bookcase in this room.
知道有一天我會帶著攝制組回到這里,這間屋子里別人的書架上會有我出的書。
I mean, it's really incredible to me.
我想說這真的太不可思議了。
It really did... I mean Yes.
真的太……我想說是的。
Because it's such a well-worn part of my story now. It's a big yawn to hear.
我是怎么寫出書來的故事已經是老生常談了,再聽人們要打哈欠了。
How I wrote I as though it was all some sort of publicity stunt I did for a year.
我是如何寫書的,這一年來我就好像在做秀。
But it was my life, and it was very hard.
但這就是我的生活,走到這一步非常不容易。
And I didn't know that it was gonna be this fairy-tale resolution.
我從沒想到過最后的答案會是童話般的結局。
And I... Coming back here is just full of ghosts.
我……回到這里真是太多不好的過往。