Less than 1% of Germans were Jewish,and few dared to now claim they were Communists.
當時德國只有不到1%的猶太人,幾乎沒有人敢承認自己是共產黨。
So the vast majority of Germans were not at risk from prosecution as long as they embraced the new world of Nazism.
大部分德國人沒有遭迫害,只要他們擁護納粹主義的新世界即可。
And since unemployment was falling and the economy seemed to be picking up,many ordinary Germans now felt this was the beginning of a new, more optimistic era.
由于失業率降低,經濟似乎也開始回暖,很多德國老百姓覺得,這是樂觀的新時代。
At first, you were carried along by a wave of hope,because we had it better.
引自德國學生記述 起初我們心中充滿希望,因為社會變好了。
We had order in the country. We had, well, security.
國家有了秩序,人人有安全感。
In particular, the young were taught the Nazi world view.
特別是年輕人的納粹世界觀中。
Most importantly, that Hitler was a flawless leader.
最重要,希特勒是完美的領導人。
These members of the Hitler Youth were the future soldiers of Germany,from whom Hitler would demand absolute loyalty.
這些青年團成員,是德國未來士兵,希特勒要求他們絕對忠誠。
It was hammered into us even in the Hitler Youth-Germany must live, even if we have to die.
在青年團中我們被灌輸這種思想,德國必須生存,即使要犧牲性命。
Then, I realised that people in the Hitler Youth had a vulgar way of dealing with each other.
當我看到其成員時,對待彼此都很粗魯時。
A very unpleasant and violent manner was customary.
不客氣和暴力習以為常。
The way, for example, we were told,
例如我們被告知。
If your teachers haven't yet grasped this new era,then smack them in the mouth!
若你們的老師還不認可這個新紀元,就去掌摑他嘴巴。
Now that they were in power, many of those close to Hitler found their belief in him had intensified still further.
現納粹掌權,本跟希特勒共事的人,對他信心更是有增無減。
譯文屬可可原創,僅供學習交流使用,未經許可請勿轉載