Compare this to 1939 with "The Wizard of Oz."
對比一下1939年的《綠野仙蹤》。
How does Dorothy win her movie?
多蘿西是如何取得勝利的?
By making friends with everybody
她通過跟每個人都成為好朋友
and being a leader.
變成他們的領袖。
That's kind of the world I'd rather raise my kids in --
我更希望自己孩子可以在這樣的環境中——
Oz, right? -- and not the world of dudes fighting,
奧茲的世界——長大,而不是打來打去的世界,
which is where we kind of have to be.
——這種世界倒是很貼近現實。
Why is there so much Force -- capital F, Force --
為什么我們給小孩子的電影中
in the movies we have for our kids,
有那么多的暴力
and so little yellow brick road?
那么少的黃磚路(綠野仙蹤中的道路)?
There is a lot of great writing about the impact
關于男性暴力電影對于女性的影響,
that the boy-violent movie has on girls,
有很多出色的分析文章,
and you should do that reading. It's very good.
你應該去看看。寫的很好。
I haven't read as much on how boys are picking up on this vibe.
這種氛圍對男孩的影響,我讀的文章不多。
I know from my own experience that
就我自己的經驗而言,
Princess Leia did not provide the adequate context
從萊婭公主所處環境中得到的經驗
that I could have used in navigating the adult world
不足以指導我在現實生活中引導孩子進入成人世界
that is co-ed.
成人世界是"男女混居的"。
I think there was a first-kiss moment
我認為熒幕上的初吻
when I really expected the credits to start rolling
應該發生在電影的最后,最好是演員表出現的時候,
because that's the end of the movie, right?
因為這是電影的結局,對么?
I finished my quest, I got the girl.
我完成了使命,贏得芳心。
Why are you still standing there?
為什么還要呆站在這里?
I don't know what I'm supposed to do.
我不知道應該做什么。
The movies are very, very focused on defeating the villain
這些電影把重點放在打敗壞人
and getting your reward, and there's not a lot of room
獲得獎勵上,以至于沒有多少時間
for other relationships and other journeys.
處理其他關系和經歷。
It's almost as though if you're a boy,
基本上,如果你是男孩
you are a dopey animal,
你就是一個呆笨的動物,
and if you are a girl, you should bring your warrior costume.
如果你是女孩,你就應該穿上戰袍。
There are plenty of exceptions,
當然反例也很多,
and I will defend the Disney princesses in front of any you.
而且我會在你們面前為迪斯尼的公主們辯護。
But they do send a message to boys,
但是這些電影給男孩子的感覺是
that they are not, the boys are not really the target audience.
他們不是這些電影預期的觀眾
They are doing a phenomenal job of teaching girls
這些電影有很大的一個功勞
how to defend against the patriarchy,
就是教會女孩子如何反抗父權社會,
but they are not necessarily showing boys
但是這些電影并沒有
how they're supposed to defend against the patriarchy.
向男孩子們展示如何反抗父權社會。
There's no models for them.
孩子們沒有偶像可尋。
And we also have some terrific women
我們也有一些了不起的女性
who are writing new stories for our kids,
開始為我們的孩子寫新的故事
and as three-dimensional and delightful as Hermione and Katniss are,
包括像赫敏和凱特里斯這樣生動形象的角色,
these are still war movies.
但是還是屬于戰爭電影。
And, of course, the most successful studio of all time
當然,史上最成功的電影工作室(皮克斯)
continues to crank out classic after classic,
連續不斷的創造經典電影
every single one of them about
每部電影都講述一段故事
the journey of a boy, or a man,
一個小男孩的,或一個大男人的,
or two men who are friends, or a man and his son,
或兩個大男人,或父與子,
or two men who are raising a little girl.
或是兩個男人撫養一個小女孩。
Until, as many of you are thinking, this year,
終于,你們很多人都已經知道,
when they finally came out with "Brave."
今年他們終于推出了《勇敢傳說》。
I recommend it to all of you. It's on demand now.
我向你們所有人推薦這部電影。現在正在上映。
Do you remember what the critics said when "Brave" came out?
你還記得《勇敢傳說》剛上映時的批評么?
"Aw, I can't believe Pixar made a princess movie."
“哦,不敢相信皮克斯也開始做公主電影了。”
It's very good. Don't let that stop you.
這很好。別止步。
Now, almost none of these movies pass the Bechdel Test.
現在,這些電影幾乎都沒有通過“貝克德爾測試”(Bechdel Test)。
I don't know if you've heard of this.
我不知道你們是否聽說過,
It has not yet caught on and caught fire,
這個測試并不為人所知,
but maybe today we will start a movement.
但是今天或許我們能做些推動。