1、involve
需要;包含
Running a kitchen involves a great deal of discipline and speed.
料理好廚房需要把一切都安排得規規矩矩,且要講求速度。
Nicky's job as a public relations director involves spending quite a lot of time with other people.
尼基作為公共關系主管,需要花很多時間與別人打交道。
牽涉;涉及
If there was a cover-up, it involved people at the very highest levels of government.
如果有人想要隱瞞實情,那其中就涉及政府部門最高層的人物。
a riot involving a hundred inmates.
有100 名囚犯參與的暴動
使參與;使介入
Noel and I do everything together, he involves me in everything.
我和諾埃爾什么事情都一起做,他讓我參與所有的事。
Before too long he started involving me in the more confidential aspects of the job.
不久,他便開始讓我介入工作中更機密的方面。
2、turn out
(以某種方式)發生;最后是;結果是
If I had known my life was going to turn out like this, I would have let them kill me.
如果我早知道自己的人生結局會是如此,我當時寧愿讓他們殺了我。
Sometimes things don't turn out the way we think they're going to.
有時事情并不像我們認為的那樣發展。
原來是;結果發現
Cosgrave's forecast turned out to be quite wrong.
科斯格雷夫的預測最后證明是大錯特錯。
It turned out that I knew the person who got shot.
結果發現我認識那個中槍的人。
(尤指把某人從其長期居住處)攆走,趕出,逐出
Surely nobody would suggest turning him out of the house...
當然不會有人建議把他從房子里趕出去。
They were turned out of the hotel
他們被趕出了旅館。