November 18
11月18日
Read it!
讀讀看!
Rob's guest today is a soccer referee.
羅柏今天的來賓是一位足球裁判。
Referees make sure games are played safely and fairly.
裁判是要確保球賽能安全且公平地進行,
Referees must be in shape!
裁判的體能也要很好!
They have to be fit so they can run around the field during a game.
他們必須很身強體健,在比賽時能在球場上跑來跑去。
A referee tries to make fair decisions.
裁判盡力去作公正的裁決。
Thanks to referees, players, coaches and fans can all enjoy a good game!
多虧了裁判,球員、教練和球迷才能盡情享受一場好的比賽。
Conversation A
會話A
Today our guest is a very important person in sports!
今天我們的來賓是體育界中很重要的人!
But she's not a player.
但是她不是選手。
No, I'm a soccer referee!
我不是,我是足球裁判!
You make sure soccer games are played safely and fairly.
你確保足球比賽能安全且公平地進行。
Right. I know all the rules, and I'm always watching the game.
沒錯。我知道所有的規則,而且我時時刻刻緊盯著球賽的進行。
If you're not there, the players might break the rules, or start fighting!
如果你不在場,球員們可能會犯規,或甚至打起來!
Oh, players still do those things!
喔,球員還是會做這些事!
It's my job to stop them.
我的責任是來阻止他們。
Conversation B
會話B
What did you have to do to be a referee?
你必須要做什么才能當足球裁判?
I had to take some classes.
我必須先上一些課程。
A referee also needs experience playing the game!
裁判也需要有踢球的經驗,
I played soccer for many years in school.
我在學校踢過很多年的足球。
You also have to be in shape, right?
你的體能狀況也要很好,對嗎?
Yes! I run on the field a lot during the game.
對!球賽時我在球場上跑來跑去,
I have to be as fit as the players.
我必須要和球員一樣健壯。
And you have to know what's happening all the time!
而且你時時刻刻必須知道球場上發生的事。
Conversation C
會話C
It's not easy being a referee.
當個裁判可不容易,
Sometimes my decisions make the players and fans really angry.
有的時候我的裁決讓球員和球迷非常生氣。
Yeah. On TV sometimes I see coaches or players argue with refs during games.
對啊。有的時候我會在電視上看到教練或是球員在球賽中和裁判爭執,
Not everyone is a good sport.
不是每個人都有很好的運動員精神。
No. But usually I enjoy my job!
你說對了。但是一般來說,我很喜歡我的工作!
I want everyone to have fun and enjoy the game.
我希望每個人都能玩得盡興,享受球賽。
Many sports have referees.
很多運動都有裁判,
Your job is important to a lot of people!
你的工作對很多人來說很重要!