日韩色综合-日韩色中色-日韩色在线-日韩色哟哟-国产ts在线视频-国产suv精品一区二区69

手機APP下載

您現在的位置: 首頁 > 英語聽力 > 英語演講 > TED十佳演講話題 > 正文

TED十佳演講之性別無限:為什么女性領導那么少?(5)

來源:可可英語 編輯:max ?  可可英語APP下載 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


掃描二維碼進行跟讀打分訓練

Message number three:

建議三:
don't leave before you leave.
在你離開前別放棄。
I think there's a really deep irony
我認為這是一個非常深刻的諷刺
to the fact that actions women are taking --
對于女性所采取行動而言--
and I see this all the time --
我一直目睹類似情況的發生--
with the objective of staying in the workforce
女性希望留在職場這個目標,
actually lead to their eventually leaving.
往往導致它們最終不得不離開職場。
Here's what happens:
曾發生這樣的事:
We're all busy. Everyone's busy. A woman's busy.
我們都忙;每個人都很忙;作為一個女人也很忙。
And she starts thinking about having a child,
她開始考慮生小孩。
and from the moment she starts thinking about having a child,
從她開始考慮生小孩的時候起,
she starts thinking about making room for that child.
她開始考慮為孩子準備房間。
"How am I going to fit this into everything else I'm doing?"
“我該如何調整孩子這件事和手頭上的其他事呢?”
And literally from that moment,
言下之意,
she doesn't raise her hand anymore,
她不再舉起她的手,
she doesn't look for a promotion, she doesn't take on the new project,
她不尋求提升,她不找新的計劃,
she doesn't say, "Me. I want to do that."
她不會說,“我,我想做那個。”
She starts leaning back.
她開始退縮。
The problem is that --
這是個問題
let's say she got pregnant that day, that day --
讓我們說說她懷孕的那段日子
nine months of pregnancy, three months of maternity leave,
9個月的懷胎,3個月的產假,
six months to catch your breath --
6個月來調養休息
fast-forward two years,
快速調整要2年,
more often -- and as I've seen it --
更多的,正如我看到的
women start thinking about this way earlier --
女性開始過早考慮這事
when they get engaged, when they get married,
當她們有約會或者結婚時,
when they start thinking about trying to have a child, which can take a long time.
當她們開始考慮要小孩,這會花相當長的一段時間。
One woman came to see me about this,
一位女性關于此事來找我,
and I kind of looked at her -- she looked a little young.
我看著她,她顯得有點年輕。
And I said, "So are you and your husband thinking about having a baby?"
我說,“那么你和你丈夫考慮要小孩了?”
And she said, "Oh no, I'm not married."
她說,“哦不,我還沒結婚。”
She didn't even have a boyfriend.
她甚至沒有男友。
I said, "You're thinking about this
我說,“你考慮這個
just way too early."
太早了吧?!?/div>
But the point is that what happens
但關鍵是
once you start kind of quietly leaning back?
一旦你開始退縮下來,接下來會發生什么呢?
Everyone who's been through this --
每個人都會經歷這個
and I'm here to tell you, once you have a child at home,
在這兒我告訴你,一旦在家你有了孩子,
your job better be really good to go back,
你真的最好是回到你的工作中去,
because it's hard to leave that kid at home --
因為把小孩留在家太難了,
your job needs to be challenging.
你的工作得有挑戰性。
It needs to be rewarding.
它也得有回報。
You need to feel like you're making a difference.
你得感覺到世界因你而變。
And if two years ago you didn't take a promotion
如果2年前你沒有得到提升
and some guy next to you did,
在你旁邊的一個男孩得到提升,
if three years ago
如果三年前
you stopped looking for new opportunities,
你放棄尋找新的機會,
you're going to be bored
你會變得很乏味
because you should have kept your foot on the gas pedal.
因為你應該緊踩油門,加油。
Don't leave before you leave.
在你離開前別放棄。
Stay in.
保住工作。
Keep your foot on the gas pedal,
緊踩油門,
until the very day you need to leave
除非到了那一天你需要離開
to take a break for a child --
為了孩子休假
and then make your decisions.
然后做出你自己的決定。
Don't make decisions too far in advance,
不要提前做太長遠決定,
particularly ones you're not even conscious you're making.
特別是你甚至不曉得自己該做怎樣的決定。
My generation really, sadly,
我這一代的女性非??上В?/div>
is not going to change the numbers at the top.
沒能改變高管職位的數據變化。
They're just not moving.
女人們就是呆在原地。
We are not going to get to where 50 percent of the population --
我們沒能達到50%的高管職位
in my generation, there will not be 50 percent of
在任何行業的高管職位中,
at the top of any industry.
女性都未達到50%。
But I'm hopeful that future generations can.
但我希望未來一代人可以做到。
I think a world that was run
我認為我們世界上
where half of our countries and half of our companies
半數國家和半數公司
were run by women, would be a better world.
會由女性所領導,那將會是一個更美好的世界。
And it's not just because people would know where the women's bathrooms are,
這不僅僅是因為人們會知道女性洗手間在哪兒,
even though that would be very helpful.
盡管這也有非常大的幫助。
I think it would be a better world.
我認為它將會是一個更美好的世界。
I have two children.
我有2個孩子。
I have a five-year-old son and a two-year-old daughter.
我5歲的兒子和3歲的女兒。
I want my son to have a choice
我想我兒子會選擇
to contribute fully in the workforce or at home,
在職場或在家里都盡心盡責,全心奉獻。
and I want my daughter to have the choice
我女兒的選擇
to not just succeed,
不僅僅是成功,
but to be liked for her accomplishments.
她會更熱愛她所做出的成就。
Thank you.
謝謝。
重點單詞   查看全部解釋    
pedal ['pedl]

想一想再看

n. 踏板
adj. 腳的,踏腳的

聯想記憶
objective [əb'dʒektiv]

想一想再看

adj. 客觀的,目標的
n. 目標,目的;

聯想記憶
eventually [i'ventjuəli]

想一想再看

adv. 終于,最后

 
conscious ['kɔnʃəs]

想一想再看

adj. 神志清醒的,意識到的,自覺的,有意的

聯想記憶
challenging ['tʃælindʒiŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 大膽的(復雜的,有前途的,挑戰的) n. 復雜

 
rewarding [ri'wɔ:diŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 有報酬的,有益的

聯想記憶
promotion [prə'məuʃən]

想一想再看

n. 晉升,促進,提升

聯想記憶
pregnancy ['pregnənsi]

想一想再看

n. 懷孕

聯想記憶
engaged [in'geidʒd]

想一想再看

adj. 忙碌的,使用中的,訂婚了的

 
population [.pɔpju'leiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 人口 ,(全體)居民,人數

聯想記憶
?
發布評論我來說2句

    最新文章

    可可英語官方微信(微信號:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英語學習資料.

    添加方式1.掃描上方可可官方微信二維碼。
    添加方式2.搜索微信號ikekenet添加即可。
    主站蜘蛛池模板: 圣洁四人行| 恐龙图片大全| 结婚请帖怎么写| 陈稳| 毒鲨| 侠侣探案| 性文章| 欧美日韩欧美日韩| 手机号大全| 红白黑黄| 朱莉安妮全集高清免费 | 哈尔的移动城堡日语版在线播放| 孕妇直播肚子疼揉肚子| 影片《边境》| 郑中基的电影全部作品| 乔什布洛林| 浙江卫视今日节目表| 礼运节选高中原文| 落花流水电影完整版在线观看| 爱情心心相印| 故乡,别来无恙演员表| 索溪峪的野阅读及答案| 地狱究竟有几层电影| av电影网| 莫比乌斯电影完整版免费观看| 狂魔电影| 莴笋是发物吗| 李采潭全部电影作品| 大学生国防论文2000字| 周星驰原名| 彻夜狂欢| 挠丝袜| 陆廷威| 原野电影| 违规吃喝研讨发言材料| 叶玉卿电影| 回复者术之重启人生| 经典常谈周易第二读书笔记| 奥真奈美| 双生姐妹| 霹雳火 电影|