I gave this talk at Facebook not so long ago
在臉譜不久前我給
to about 100 employees,
大約100名員工做這個演講。
and a couple hours later, there was a young woman who works there
幾小時后,在臉譜工作的一個年輕女性
sitting outside my little desk,
坐到我小桌子旁邊,
and she wanted to talk to me.
她想和我談談。
I said, okay, and she sat down, and we talked.
我說,好,她坐了下來,我們談了起來。
And she said, "I learned something today.
她說,“我今天學了一些東西。
I learned that I need to keep my hand up."
我知道我需要舉起我的手。”
I said, "What do you mean?"
我說,“你指什么啊?”
She said, "Well, you're giving this talk,
她說,“你在講這個話時,
and you said you were going to take two more questions.
你說你將會回答2個以上問題。
And I had my hand up with lots of other people, and you took two more questions.
我和其他一些人舉起手,你回答了2個以上問題。
And I put my hand down, and I noticed all the women put their hand down,
我把手放下來,我注意到所有女性都把手放下來,
and then you took more questions,
然后你又回答了很多問題,
only from the men."
僅有男性參與。”
And I thought to myself,
我自己想了一下,
wow, if it's me -- who cares about this, obviously --
如果換成是我,誰會在乎這個,明顯地
giving this talk --
做這次演講,
and during this talk, I can't even notice
在這演講中,我甚至沒注意到
that the men's hands are still raised,
男人們的手是不是還一直舉著,
and the women's hands are still raised,
女人們的手是不是還一直舉著,
how good are we
我們到底有多出色,
as managers of our companies and our organizations
當我們作為公司和組織的經理人的時候,
at seeing that the men are reaching for opportunities
以及當我們作為少數,與男性競爭
more than women?
爭取機會的時候?
We've got to get women to sit at the table.
我們得讓女性坐到桌子邊上。
Message number two:
第二條:
make your partner a real partner.
讓你的伴侶成為一個真正的合作伙伴。
I've become convinced that we've made more progress in the workforce
我已經確信我們在職場
than we have in the home.
比起我們在家庭中起了更大的作用。
The data shows this very clearly.
數據也很清楚地表明這點。
If a woman and a man work full-time
如果一個女性和一個男性同時全職
and have a child,
并有一個小孩,
the woman does twice the amount of housework the man does,
女性比起男性要做兩倍多家務活兒,
and the woman does three times
女性比起男性做了三倍多
the amount of childcare the man does.
照顧嬰兒的事。
So she's got three jobs or two jobs,
所以她有了2份,3份工作,
and he's got one.
而他只有一份。
Who do you think drops out when someone needs to be home more?
當有人必須在家多干活時,誰應該留下來?
The causes of this are really complicated,
這個的理由實在太復雜,
and I don't have time to go into them.
我沒有時間來講它們。
And I don't think Sunday football-watching
但我也不認為周日看美式足球
and general laziness is the cause.
和日常的懶惰是理由。
I think the cause is more complicated.
我認為理由是更加復雜化的。
I think, as a society,
我認為,作為一個社會,
we put more pressure on our boys to succeed
我們總是更希望男孩子們成功,
than we do on our girls.
對女孩子則壓力小些。
I know men that stay home
我知道有居家男人
and work in the home to support wives with careers,
呆在家里做內務支持職場妻子
and it's hard.
這很難。
When I go to the Mommy-and-Me stuff
當我去“媽咪和我”的培訓課時,
and I see the father there,
我看到那里的父親,
I notice that the other mommies
我留意到其他媽咪
don't play with him.
不愿和他相處。
And that's a problem,
這是個問題,
because we have to make it as important a job,
因為我們得把內務變成一個重要的工作
because it's the hardest job in the world to work inside the home,
因為它是世界上最難的工作-居家工作
for people of both genders,
無論男人女人,
if we're going to even things out and let women stay in the workforce.
我們只有平分了這些事,女性才可能留在職場。
Studies show that households with equal earning
研究表明夫妻收入相等、
and equal responsibility
且夫妻分擔責任相當的家庭
also have half the divorce rate.
也有50%的離婚率。
And if that wasn't good enough motivation for everyone out there,
如果這數據并不那么鼓舞人,
they also have more --
還有更多的
how shall I say this on this stage? --
在這個講臺我該怎么講呢?
they know each other more in the biblical sense as well.
夫妻雙方對于彼此的了解,不僅是做愛這么簡單。