Lesson 12 Talk About It
第十二課 主題討論
September 26
9月26日
The Bully
校園惡霸
Rob and Megan were talking about his show.
羅柏和梅根在談論他的節目,
A college student was coming.
一位大學生要來上節目。
The student had trouble with bullies in high school.
這個學生在高中的時候受惡霸的欺負。
"I'm so glad you're going to talk about bullies on the show, Rob," said Megan.
"羅柏,我很高興你要在節目上談惡霸,"梅根這么說,
"That is important. Bullies are a big problem in schools."
"那很重要。 校園中的霸凌是個非常嚴重的問題。"
"It's a very important topic," said Rob.
"這是個很重要的話題,"羅柏回答,
"I was bullied in school, too.
"我在學校時也曾被霸凌過。
I remember the bully very well.
我對那個惡霸記得很清楚,
His name was Tommy.
他叫湯米,
My locker was next to Tommy's locker.
我的置物柜就在他的置物柜旁邊。
When he saw me, he made fun of me.
他只要看到我,就取笑我。
'Hey, shorty!' he would say, because I wasn't very tall yet.
"嘿,矮子!"他會這么說,因為我那時還沒有長高。
I didn't tell anyone about it.
我沒有告訴任何人,
But I wouldn't go to my locker if I saw him there.
但是如果我看見他在我的置物柜附近,我就不會去那里。
When I needed to do homework, sometimes I couldn't get my books.
當我需要做功課時,有時會拿不到我的書。
So my grades weren't so good."
所以我的成績不是很好。"
"Sometimes Tommy found me in other places.
"有的時候湯米在其他地方碰到我。
He'd find me in the lunchroom or outside of school.
他會在午餐室或是學校外面碰到我,
He got meaner and meaner.
他就越來越惡劣。
One day, he didn't call me names. He hit me instead.
有一天,他沒有說話辱罵我, 而是打了我。
After that, I was afraid all the time.
自那之后,我時時刻刻都很害怕。
My friend Andrew gave me some advice.
我的朋友安德魯給我一些忠告,
He said, 'Stand up to Tommy.'"
他說:"你要勇敢面對湯米。""
"Wow," said Megan. "So what did you do?"
"哇,"梅根說, "所以你怎么做?"
"Well," Rob answered. "What would you do?"
"這個嘛,"羅柏回答, "那你會怎么做?"