September 25
9月25日
Read it!
讀讀看!
Everyone is talking about Race Maze.
每個人都在談論《競速迷宮》,
Susie is concerned.
蘇希卻有所掛慮,
Video games can be exciting.
電動游戲或許很刺激,
But they can be dangerous, too.
但是它們也蠻危險。
Her brother couldn't stop playing games!
她弟弟就是因為無法停止玩游戲!
He lost his job and failed some classes.
丟了他的工作,而且還當掉一些功課。
Her parents were really mad.
她的父母非常生氣,
Her brother made a choice. He stopped playing video games.
她的弟弟做了一個決定, 他不再玩電動游戲,
His grades improved right away.
他的成績馬上就進步了。
Conversation A
會話A
Hi, Jim. Did you buy Race Maze?
嗨,吉姆,你有買到《競速迷宮》嗎?
Hi, Mark! Yes, I did.
嗨,馬克!有,我買到了。
I played it with my son yesterday.
我昨天和我兒子玩,
We played it for hours!
我們玩了好幾個小時!
Hey, guys!
嘿,朋友們!
Hi, Susie.
嗨,蘇希。
What did you play for hours, Jim?
吉姆,你玩什么玩幾個小時?
A new video game.
一個新的電動游戲。
It's really fun.
真的超好玩,
I played it for hours yesterday, too.
我昨天也玩了好幾個小時。
You should be careful.
你們應該小心點,
Video games can be exciting.
電動游戲或許很刺激,
But they can be dangerous, too.
但是它們也很危險。
Conversation B
會話B
What do you mean, Susie?
蘇希,妳要說什么?
My brother liked playing video games in high school.
我弟弟高中的時候也很喜歡打電動游戲。
So?
那又如何?
He couldn't stop!
他停不下來!
He played them day and night!
他夜以繼日地玩!
My family was very concerned.
我的家人非常地掛慮。
You're right, Susie.
蘇希,妳說得很對,
Playing too much can be bad.
玩太多可能不好。
Right.
對啊。
Not only did my brother lose his job, but he also failed some classes!
我弟弟不只丟掉他的工作,他還當掉了幾門課!
My parents were really mad.
我的父母非常生氣。
He lost his job? That's bad.
他丟了他的工作? 那挺糟的。
Conversation C
會話C
What happened to your brother?
你弟弟后來怎么辦?
My parents gave him a choice.
我父母給他一個選擇。
What was it?
什么選擇?
Either he stopped playing video games or he lost his computer.
他可選擇停止打電動游戲,或是沒收他的計算機。
So he stopped playing video games?
所以他停止打電動?
Yes. His grades improved right away.
對,他的成績馬上就有進步。
Wow. Maybe I should be careful.
哇,或許我應該小心一點,
I don't want to lose my job.
我可不希望丟掉我的工作。
Games can be fun.
電玩或許很好玩,
But they aren't that fun.
但是也沒有好玩到值得丟掉工作。