And there is no more powerful force through which to do that than through education and know how.
除了通過教育和專業知識,沒有什么更強大的東西能幫助你實現這一點。
I'm proud that LaGuardia and Goldman Sachs have teamed up to support small businesses.
我很自豪的是,拉瓜迪亞社區大學和高盛集團聯手開展了對小企業的支持項目。
Through this partnership, I've seen how many LaGuardia students are juggling school, job and family.
通過這項合作,我也看到了有多少拉瓜迪亞社區大學的學生兼顧著學校,工作和家庭。
And, I've seen how these students and all of you push yourselves and persevere.
我也看到了這些同學,還有在座的所有人如何不斷勉勵自己,而且持之以恒下去。
By virtue of being here today, you have proven to yourself that you belong.
僅僅是今天能夠出現在這里,你們已經證明了自己屬于這里。
And now that you belong, feed off your ambition.
現在你們已經有了定位,接下來就去壯大自己的野心。
That means being focused, disciplined, demanding, self critical and open minded.
這意味著你應該專注、自律、嚴格,能夠自我批判并有開放的心態。
Your challenges won't fall away. In fact, they may get steeper.
事實上,你們要面對的挑戰不會消失,而會更加嚴峻。
That, my friends, is life. But just as the struggles are great, so are the rewards.
我的朋友們,這就是生活。但是奮斗越是艱辛,回報也會更加豐厚。
There's another way to look at it: ask yourself if you really have a choice.
還可以有另一個方式來看這個問題:問問你自己,你是不是真的有選擇。
You already knew the answer to that question the day you walked into LaGuardia.
當你們走進拉瓜迪亞社區大學的那天,你們已經知道了這個問題的答案。
We owe it to our families and to ourselves to keep striving.
我們必須為了自己的家庭和自己而不斷努力。
This is certainly not the easiest of economic times, but there's always an economic cycle.
現在顯然不是最好的經濟時期,但是經濟總是有一個周期的。
In the course of the next 50 years of your life, you'll see a lot of cycles, and like this one, you'll get through it.
在你們未來人生的五十年里,你們會經歷很多周期,和這次一樣,你們能夠順利渡過。
Don't get caught up in unrealistic optimism or detached pessimism.
不要有任何不切實際的樂觀或者是過分的悲觀。
Still, a lot can change rapidly and with a lot of force.
盡管如此,世上還會發生許多不測,帶來巨大影響。
Your security rests in knowing how to do a variety of things— and being able to do them better than others.
And that knowledge and ability can be obtained only through a willingness to strike out for something better.
而只有有了不斷追求卓越的意愿,才能獲得這些知識和能力。
That could mean changing careers or pushing for a new idea or strategy from your current one.
這可以是改變職業方向或者追求從目前職業中萌生的新想法、新策略。
In either case, push yourself to try something new and to grow with each move.
不管是哪種情況,你都應該逼迫自己嘗試新的事物,在每一步中成長。