He wanted them to have a better opportunity,
他希望他們有更多的發展
and to do something they love doing.
能做他們喜愛的事
l think Joe did the right thing because none of his kids went to prison.
我不認為喬有錯 因為他的孩子當中沒人入獄
None of his kids were out on the street using dope.
也沒有在外面吸毒
l think l Was raised right.
我覺得我們教育是正確的
l think my father did a brilliant job
我想我父親做對的是
to take us from Gary, lndiana,
將我們逃離印第安納州瑞城
which is a very poverty-stricken town,
非常貧窮的一個城鎮
and not too many people get out of there and make something of themselves,
也沒有什么人會想要出去有一番作為
and he had a dream, and he stuck with it.
他心中有個夢想并從未放棄過它
And he knew how to get there and he got us there.
他知道實現夢想的途徑 并帶我們往那里前進
lt's okay to have fun sometimes but you have to prepare yourself,
人生中作樂是不要緊 但必須要準備好自己
because your adulthood is gonna be a lot longer than your childhood.
畢竟成年的時光 要比童年來得漫長多了
And if you didn't prepare for it,
不做好準備
you're gonna be on The late Show.
將來就等著上深夜訪談節目吧
so l think my father prepared his sons for the future, to be men.
我認為父親是為了我們的未來著想 將我們調教成男子漢
We were men at a vety young age.
我們在很年輕時就被迫長大
l remember asking Michael, "Why do you call him Joseph?"
我記得有次問邁克爾 為什么以約瑟夫稱呼他?
And it was really clear, the way Michael explained it,
邁克爾解釋得很清楚
that they thought of him as Joseph.
他們就覺得他是約瑟夫