Dialogue 2:
(The manager takes her offending employee,Mr. Gao, to her office to share the complaint)
(經理帶著她被投訴的員工高先生到她的辦公室談話)
Jingjing: Alright, Mr. Gao, do you know why you're here?
京晶:高先生,你知道為什么我要找你談話嗎?
Mr Gao: I'm guessing it has something to do with the man you were just speakingwith.
小高:我猜和那個剛才和您說話的先生有關系。
Jingjing: Mr. Gao, you're not getting any brownie points with your salesmanship.
京晶:高先生,我叫你來恐怕并不是要褒獎你的工作表現的。
Mr Gao: Boss, I gotta tell you he was one tough cookie.
小高:老板,我得告訴您,那個顧客非常難搞。
Jingjing: I don't care if he was hard as rock, you know the golden rulein retail.
京晶:我不管他是不是像石頭一樣堅硬難搞,你很清楚零售業的黃金原則就是顧客永遠是上帝。
Mr Gao: I know… the job's not rocket science… I don't know… Maybe I justdon't have it in me.
小高:我知道……這個工作并不復雜,只是……我可能還不知道遇到這種情況該怎么辦。
Jingjing: I'm starting to feel the same way. When you've got adifficult customer, you just have to bite the bullet and close the deal.
京晶:我也這么感覺,我的建議是,當你遇到一個難搞的顧客時,你不得不咬緊牙關堅持下去。
Mr Gao: I'm trying Ma'am, I really am.
小高:我正在努力,老板,我真的在努力。
Jingjing: I'm going to give you two weeks to get your act together, ifyou can't do that then I'm going to hand you your walking papers. Are we clear?
京晶:我會給你兩周的時間來提高你的工作表現。如果到那個時候你還是做不到的話,我就只能把你辭退了,明白了嗎?
Mr Gao: Crystal clear.
小高:非常明白。
習語短語
1. brownie points = 褒獎,獎賞
2. tough cookie = 難搞的顧客
3. the golden rule = 黃金準則,這里指顧客就是上帝
4. rocket science = (像研究火箭一樣)復雜的事情
5. Don't have it in me. = 我沒想要怎么做。
6. bite the bullet = 咬住子彈,指咬緊牙關承受后果
7. Get your act together. = 提高你的工作表現。
8. walking papers = 辭退信
9. crystal clear = 非常明白
n. 雇員