據說女孩的心思在遇到她喜歡的人時會變得格外縝密,如果一個女孩開始跟你從熱情到冷淡,多數是她心里對你有意見,而不會明說;據說男孩會在與自己喜歡的人相處時會變得愛憎分明,無比挑剔,發現自己原來也有很事兒的一面……你希望你喜歡的Ta是什么樣?有的人總說自己無所謂,看緣分,其實每個人都有自己真正的口味,對不對胃,其實就是一秒鐘決定的事。
Dialogue 1
Jingjing: Xiao Gao, how's everything going with you and Jennifer?
京晶:小高,你和珍妮弗最近怎么樣?
Xiao Gao: I'm not sure, she seems pretty happy, but she never says what's on her mind, so I don't know if she's really happy or not.
小高:我也不知道,她看起來挺高興的,但是她從來不說自己到底在想什么,所以我也不知道她是不是真的開心。
Jingjing: Well, if she seems happy, then she probably is happy, just leave it at that. Girls don't want to be read like a book.
京晶:如果她看起來很開心,那么她很可能確實很開心。就這么簡單。女孩子不喜歡自己的心思被人家輕易看穿。
Xiao Gao: Since you're a girl, can you give me some pointers on what girls want from a guy?
小高:既然你是一個女孩,你能不能給我一些小的提示,女孩子到底想要男生怎么做?
Jingjing: For starters, you should be a man of your word and always tell the truth.
京晶:首先你必須遵守承諾,而且決不能說謊。
Xiao Gao: I know that, anything else?
小高:嗯,這個我知道,其他的呢?
Jingjing: Also, girls don't like it if their boyfriends have too many friends who are girls.
京晶:還有,女孩子不希望自己的男朋友有太多的女性朋友。
Xiao Gao: But I'm a people person and have lots of friends, both guys and girls!
小高:但是我是一個人緣很好的人,我有很多朋友,男的女的都有!
Jingjing: Maybe you should cut back on spending time with other girls.
京晶:那么你應該減少和其他女孩兒相處的時間。
Xiao Gao: There's no way I could do that! Are you crazy?
小高:這怎么可能!你瘋了嗎?
Jingjing: Hey, you're the one who asked me for advice, remember? Besides,put yourself in her shoes, how would you feel if she had a lot of guy friends?
京晶:嘿,是你問我要建議的,你忘了嗎?況且,換個立場來看,如果她有很多的男性朋友你會怎么想?
Xiao Gao: Yeah, you're right, I never thought about that… Okay, I'll be quiet now.
小高:嗯,你說得對,我從沒想過這回事,好吧,我收回之前的話。
習語短語
1. say what's on your mind = 告訴某人你在想什么
2. Just leave it at that. = 說到這兒吧; 就這么簡單,無需多解釋。
3. read (someone) like a book = 可以準確猜透某人的心思或心情
4. pointers = 小建議
5. for starters = first of all 首先 (口頭語)
6. man of one's word = 遵守承諾的人
7. people person =人緣好的人;善交際的人
8. cut back = 少做某事
9. No way. = 絕對不會。
10. put yourself in (someone's) shoes =站在別人的立場上看問題
11. guy friends = 男性朋友,不是“男朋友”
12. I'll be quiet now. = 我收回之前說的話;我之前錯了 (口頭語; 多用于當某人意識到自己以前說過的話并非事實的情況)。