Dialogue 2
Xiao Gao: Now that you told me what girls look for in their boy friends,do you know what guys want their girlfriends to be like?
小高:你剛剛已經告訴了我女孩子們想要她們的男朋友怎么樣,你想知道男生們希望他們的女朋友什么樣嗎?
Jingjing: Besides being smoking hot? I can't think of anything.
京晶:除了特別漂亮之外,我想不到其他的。
Xiao Gao: Actually, being attractive isn't the most important thing that a guy looks for in a girlfriend.
小高:其實長得漂亮并不是男生找女朋友最看重的事情。
Jingjing: Well then… spit it out, tell me what guys think are important characteristics.
京晶:那……你就快告訴我吧,究竟男生最看重的特質是什么?
Xiao Gao: Guys can't stand it when girls nag at them, so they shouldn't make too many unreasonable requests.
小高:女生向男生抱怨時候,男生會受不了的,所以女生不應該提太多的無理要求。
Jingjing: Hey! Not all girls run their mouths! What else do you look for?
京晶:嘿,并不是所有女孩都是大嘴巴!你還看重什么呢?
Xiao Gao: Well, I personally like girls who have a sense of humor. If agirl can't be funny every now and then, then the relationship will become boring.
小高:就個人來說,我喜歡有幽默感的女孩。如果女孩子不能時不時地幽默一下,那么談戀愛就會很無趣。
Jingjing: What kinds of things can girls do that really stoke your fire?
京晶:女孩子做什么樣的事情會讓你心動呢?
Xiao Gao: The most romantic thing a girl can do is to say something specific about a man, for example: “I love the way you make me laugh” trumps“You are great”.
小高:女孩子能做到最浪漫的事就是具體地稱贊男朋友的一個細節。比如,說“我愛你能讓我開懷大笑的方式” 就比僅僅說“你太好了”強多了。
Jingjing: Wow, I never realized your were so nitpicky, Xiao Gao.
京晶:哦,小高,我從沒有意識到你這么挑剔。
Xiao Gao: Yeah, well, there's a lot of things you don't know about me!
小高:哈哈,還有很多關于我的事你不知道呢!
習語短語
1. smoking hot = 好看極了
2. Spit it out. = 你快說出來吧。
3. can't stand (something) = 不能忍受某事
4. nag = 抱怨
5. run one's mouth = 大嘴巴;說太多(通常是不好的事);滿嘴跑火車
6. a sense of humor = 幽默感
7. every now and then =有時;偶爾
8. stoke one's fire = 給(爐子)添燃料;煽情;使某人更喜歡你(男女感情上)
9. A trumps B = A 比B 好
10. nitpicky = 過于較真;過于挑剔