l grew up in East Chicago, lndiana.
我在印第安納州的東芝加哥長大
My mother and father divorced
我很小時父母就離異
when l was at a young age, about six years old.
差不多六歲時吧
My mother was Baptist.
我母親是浸信會教友
And my sister and l sang in the Baptist choir.
而我與姊妹曾在浸信會的合唱團唱歌
lt made us have a love for music.
培養了我們對音樂的熱愛
My father used to listen to the country music all the time,
我父親以前常收聽鄉村音樂
and out of Chicago came a show, on the radio,
當時芝加哥有個廣播節目
called Suppertime Frolic.
名叫Suppertime Frolic
And then on saturdays, he would listen to the Grand Ole Opty
然后周六他會聽Grand Ole Opry
that came out of Nashville.
那是納什維爾的電臺
some of the people were Ernest Tubb, that's ancient.
包含了像歐內斯特·塔伯等歌手 夠古老的
let me... let the people know how old l am.
泄漏了我的年齡
We had a club called the Sub-Debs.
我們成立了一個叫瑟布德絲的社團
We used to give teenage parties for all the kids around there,
常常幫附近的青少年辦派對
and that's where l met Joe.
我與喬就是那時相識的
l think l was around 17 years old.
我當時應該17歲吧
He would always ask me for a dance when the music was slow.
他喜歡找我跳慢舞
He seemed very kind, very sweet.
他人很好 很貼心
Joseph was in a group.
約瑟夫當時組團
Besides me leaving singing with my sister,
我不再跟我姊妹唱歌
l started singing with him.
而跑去跟他合作
And we would sing and harmonise together a lot.
我們常一起歌唱和音